Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched all kinds of videos and posts on here, but still can't get my rear brake set up where I want. It doesn't seem like there is enough room on the bolt to get movement. Maybe it's the rubber boot that's screwing me up? Any tips on creating space to work on this?

·
Premium Member
12,811 Posts
Are you trying to raise, or lower it? Google rear master cylinder rebuild and you'll see that the boot doesn't do anything

·
Premium Member
12,811 Posts
No, you don't really need to. It really is just a dust boot. Slide it up, or break it loose. It will rotate. You can slide it down, if you want.

You'll turn the nut that's in the middle of the rod. It's either 8mm, or 10.....I think it's 8mm? No big deal. Loosen the lower, lock nut. Rotate with the one in the middle to make it shorter or longer in relation to the clevis.you are right that here isn't much adjustment available.

When you are done, be sure and check the rear brake light activation linkage. It is adjustable and you don't want the light stuck on, or unable to be applied.

To lower, the rod portion needs to be shorter. You might have to remove the clevis and trim some from the length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts