Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I installed the next stiffer fork springs with the stock valving and fresh oil. I think it works fine but I'm 160 lbs nekkid. What a difference the shock and fork springs make.

Reactions: Night Train

·
Premium Member
15,203 Posts
You know what else I worried about was over buying. That thought where I spent twice what I needed to, or should have.

That never happened. Im glad I dont have to wonder about under buying. That would have happened if I didnt buy the top of their line. I built myself a no win situation.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just came back from riding today and with a fairly quick group of sport bike riders. I'm so happy that I made the investment in the shock and springs. I feel so much more confident in the corners than I did with the stock suspension. And that translates to safer riding and higher speeds. I do regret not investing in the AK20 because it might have brought me to a higher level of riding.

I just start to wonder if I'm trying to make the bike something it will never be.

·
Premium Member
15,203 Posts
Night train, maybe it does do that, to a degree, but any bike that tries do do multiple things ends up in that same spot, too. As awesome as it would be, it isn't possible to do.

·
Premium Member
15,203 Posts
Rock, it's backwards, but thats it.

We should be able to buy bikes in the category you are talking about. At that point we can decide to like touring, cruisers, drag bikes or full on supersport. They just don't make many general use, street bikes. That makes this category. As if it's helpful to have long travel suspension , and off-road ability with a Versys 1000. An awesome 609lb dirt bike, I guess?

The adv are filling that need.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You know what else I worried about was over buying. That thought where I spent twice what I needed to, or should have.

That never happened. Im glad I dont have to wonder about under buying. That would have happened if I didnt buy the top of their line. I built myself a no win situation.
I'm a little gun shy now after going full monty on my gsxr1000 (Ohlins cartridges and 3 way shock). It never lived up to the $3500 investment so now I'd only do it if the suspension was REALLY bad and the N1K forks work good enough for me. The Penske was TOTALLY worth the investment.

I just came back from riding today and with a fairly quick group of sport bike riders. I'm so happy that I made the investment in the shock and springs. I feel so much more confident in the corners than I did with the stock suspension. And that translates to safer riding and higher speeds. I do regret not investing in the AK20 because it might have brought me to a higher level of riding.

I just start to wonder if I'm trying to make the bike something it will never be.
If you have the money you can always try the AK20s for peace of mind. It will never be a Supersport but I think it makes one hell of a SPORT tourer. My buddy's SDGT doesn't have much over my N1K.

Reactions: Night Train
21 - 30 of 30 Posts