Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

A dealer recently scratched one of my wheels and offered to have them powder coated as a peace offering. I had been thinking about painting them blue anyways, so I took advantage of the opportunity!

Candy blue wheels ftw! (The shade of blue looks different depending on the lighting...)

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello all!

A dealer recently scratched one of my wheels and offered to have them powder coated as a peace offering. I had been thinking about painting them blue anyways, so I took advantage of the opportunity!

Candy blue wheels ftw! (The shade of blue looks different depending on the lighting...)
What a coincidence. Mine too! It was scratched when it they did the tires.

·
Registered
127 Posts
looks good but now you will have to spend more time keeping the chain oil crud off of them. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Blue looks good....what would a paint job like that cost?
Not much, just a scratch on a wheel (as long as it's done at the right time and right place by the right guy) :) kidding aside I was looking to do the same last year on a different bike and was quoted $200 each for the paint job, or $400 each wheel including all the labor of removing and putting it back together, and this was a craigslist ad. I figured $800 is not worth the money, but looking at pics ... Boy it's tempting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts