Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Great pictures. Them some glacier sculpted mountains in the background.

I think I see a Toronto Maple Leafs bag on the table. That must be fun to carry through Vancouver.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's more Leaf fans in Vancouver than Canucks fans.
No matter how many times I see that scenery, I'm still in Awe!

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Looks like it was a very scenic ride. How long were you on the road and did you camp every night?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Motorcycle camping

Just finished a trip through Northern Alberta and BC, down to Vancouver Island.
Had an absolute BLAST, and the bike performed perfectly!

I went to BMW club rallys and motorcycle camped for years in the lower 48. In my opinion, it is the best of the best of motorcycling. I've been anywhere you can name East of the Mississippi River, and more than half of the Western States.

After two years of not riding, I bought the Ninja to see if I still had the desire to ride. The Ninja bags are Givi and great quality (Not to mention the really cool no side rack mounting system). I thought the bike looked easy to pack up as well. I also wanted to try an inline 4 engine again, after years of riding twins.

Looks like you easily packed your stuff on it. Now I am regretting the sale of all of my camping gear.
The ultra light backpacking stuff is perfect for motorcycle camping and getting smaller and lighter all the time. In 2015, I had half the volume of stuff and better stuff than I had in 2000.

Canada is so beautiful. Hope you have found a new passion to accompany your motorcycle addiction.

FYI? What GPS mount are you using on the handlebar? Make/model

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like it was a very scenic ride. How long were you on the road and did you camp every night?
I was on the road 7 days, round trip, and camped 5 of them. I do a trip like this every year, but usually stay in hotels. This was definitely way more fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to BMW club rallys and motorcycle camped for years in the lower 48. In my opinion, it is the best of the best of motorcycling. I've been anywhere you can name East of the Mississippi River, and more than half of the Western States.

After two years of not riding, I bought the Ninja to see if I still had the desire to ride. The Ninja bags are Givi and great quality (Not to mention the really cool no side rack mounting system). I thought the bike looked easy to pack up as well. I also wanted to try an inline 4 engine again, after years of riding twins.

Looks like you easily packed your stuff on it. Now I am regretting the sale of all of my camping gear.
The ultra light backpacking stuff is perfect for motorcycle camping and getting smaller and lighter all the time. In 2015, I had half the volume of stuff and better stuff than I had in 2000.

Canada is so beautiful. Hope you have found a new passion to accompany your motorcycle addiction.

FYI? What GPS mount are you using on the handlebar? Make/model

Yes, my camping stuff worked well for the most part. I had to trade my mattress pad for an air mattress once I got to the Island, and I think next year I'll move to an ultra lite cot, but I'm happy with how everything worked. Even the bagged hiker food was pretty good.

The GPS mount is a Ram of some sort; not sure the model, but it bolts onto the handlebar using the existing hardware. Works really well. I can take some closer pics if you like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts