Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just removed the registration/number plate and used a hacksaw to cut the fender/mud guard off at that point.
Reinstalled the number plate and it's amazing how much better it looks without the tail hanging below.
Took about 10 minutes.
Edit: I'm guessing that using a small angle grinder with a cutting wheel would be even easier.
It might be worth smoothing off the cut end with a file, but I didn't bother as it's hidden behind the plate anyway (also couldn't find my file :rolleyes: at the time)
Thats a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just removed the registration/number plate and used a hacksaw to cut the fender/mud guard off at that point.
Reinstalled the number plate and it's amazing how much better it looks without the tail hanging below.
Took about 10 minutes.
I did exactly that with a Vstrom 1000 and the look was MUCH cleaner. Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tail tidy kits are popular for some reason but then you lose a convenient place to route engine exhaust gases for pitch control during vertical takeoff and landing...(cough) at least that's what I tell people. The 2020+ 1000SX has that capability, right?

Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph Tire Motor vehicle

21 - 23 of 23 Posts