Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
All you guys who put your pics on flickr should make them public so we can view them.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Are the Leo Vince's the only pipes that don't interfere with the bags on the 2018s???
I like the two brothers but they look like they interfere with the bags.

@Darthanubis is that a customer well on your Akro? They typically point upwards into the bags.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can easily make TBR's work with luggage. Actually, probably any slip-on. All you need to do is make a little bracket. I made mine of 1" aluminum bar stock you can get in any hardware store. And, BTW, Delkevic makes slip-ons specifically for Ninjas with Panniers. (Delkevic US Silencer Kits | Kawasaki | 2017 | Z1000SX (2017))
The TBRs below are on a 2011 and shown with Givi V35s but it's the same for KQR luggage.

Reactions: RobF and Volfy

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks Ken.
So you just sort of extended the stock bracket a bit. How many inches?
As to delvic, I just never was a fan of their looks. I like the Two bros allot.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The holes were 1.25" center to center, mostly so I could accommodate both washers. I agree the TBRs were a better looking and sounding exhaust but I had Delkevic's as and couldn't fault their quality. The fact they cost half as much makes them pretty attractive to me.
One other factor is the mount point for the metal exhaust cover (bottom of right fairing) mounting point. You have to rotate the S connector pipe to get the mufflers to fit right and on the TBRs the bracket is welded to the pipe. A bit of creative bending fixed that for me. The bracket mounts with a pipe clamp on the Delkevic and you just rotate it to fit.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
ugh.. sounds like a bit of work to make it... work... I'm ill equipped to bend and weld. Don't trust a shop to do it right either.
Delk makes pannier specific mufflers but maybe I'll just get the Leo Vince's. They are the second best looking and won't pose any challenges.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Even SP Engineering pipes have both tourer version and non tourer versions. They also have finishes in CF, SS and Titanium with various sizes and configurations. Literally, you can build something that you like and it sounds awesome!! To top it off, made in UK with a fantastic build quality.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It would be nice to not ride with the heel of my boots resting on the muffler. Had the exact same issue but only with my right boot on the N400

Such a simple design flaw with a simple solution, no manufacturer worth a fk including Kawasaki should allow this to happen.

This is equivalent to toilet manufacturers making the seat a half inch lower than the rim of the bowl.

·
Registered
782 Posts
ugh.. sounds like a bit of work to make it... work... I'm ill equipped to bend and weld. Don't trust a shop to do it right either.
Delk makes pannier specific mufflers but maybe I'll just get the Leo Vince's. They are the second best looking and won't pose any challenges.
It was a little work but only took vice grips and a hammer, no welding. Just pound on it until it fits!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome to SP Engineering - spengineering.co.uk
It was a little work but only took vice grips and a hammer, no welding. Just pound on it until it fits!
Pretty much what I had to do to my first girlfriend :devilish:
Sorry. Certain things are unavoidable.
Seriously though, I like those cans (fighting it), so I'd be willing to put a little extra into making them fit.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
crud, spellcheck ruined that question. I think I meant to say is that a "custom weld" on your akro as they look bag friendly.

·
Registered
457 Posts
When I still had the stock headers, I had the Akrapovic Megaphones. This has a throaty sound:

Sold it in this forum afterwards. Then upgraded to a 4-2-2 Akrapovic system in Titanium which I also bought from someone here in the forums. I ended up mailing the headers back to him, and buying bnew Akrapovic headers from Revzilla and I have been happy ever since.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
No custom weld. And yes they are bag friendly. They are Kawasaki approved, sold on their site.
I've looked but I can find them on the site. I can't find them on Akropovic;s site either. DO you have pics?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, my 2019 Ninja 1000 is too quiet. What are some good slip-ons
out there that sound good, and maybe not too expensive? Thanks
I have a 2015 and added Delkevic 9” carbon fiber ovals. They look awesome. They are not as loud as I wanted though. They sound good but only tad louder then stock.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I had the yoshi cfs on my 2011. Loved them, but I don't feel like paying $1100 for another pair.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts