Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is not a lot of real estate on a NinJa's handlebars for mounting phones etc especially if you want to use as GPS. i would love to hear what people regard as the best options

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
523 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used three different Ram amount type products. One in the steering bolt, one that screws into the tapped hole on the clutch lever bracket and one that attaches to the brake reservoir mount. I love the TackForm cell phone holder.
Machine Automotive engine part Cylinder Motorcycle accessories Nut
Still life photography Steel Carbon
Motorcycle accessories Fictional character Fuel line Automotive engine part Engine

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
151 Posts
Great options, I think the Quad lock with either the above evotech performance or 12mm hex nut mounting options are perfect. I would suggest instead of a standard mount, look at the Quad Lock Wireless charger and Vibration dampener option to eliminate the exposed USB.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check this out! I really like it. Its from evotech performance and quad lock. I recommend to buy the vibration dampener not just for your phone also to have more room to put the key on. View attachment 30290 View attachment 30291
I would like to put this on my 2020 N1K. I did find this on the UK website but could not in the US. Please post a URL where I can buy this unit. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 N1K
62 Posts
There is not a lot of real estate on a NinJa's handlebars for mounting phones etc especially if you want to use as GPS. i would love to hear what people regard as the best options
I had the Ram X-Grip but it wasn’t optimal because the gripping fingers pushed on the volume buttons or the ‘wake’ button, plus the retaining rubber band was a pain. I switched to the RAM Quick Grip. Love it. Now I can mount the phone with one hand. I use a short arm connector with the Ram ball mount in the steering stem and bias everything to the left
Fuel tank Hood Plant Light Vehicle

·
Registered
2012 Ninja 1000 & 2016 Ninja 1000
18 Posts
Make sure you use a vibration dampener! The Ninjas are on the list for causing the camera issues in the later model iPhones , relating to the image stabilisation . It causes the inability to focus and a few other issues with your phone camera

·
Registered
35 Posts
Make sure you use a vibration dampener! The Ninjas are on the list for causing the camera issues in the later model iPhones , relating to the image stabilisation . It causes the inability to focus and a few other issues with your phone camera
+1000% I had two work iPhone cameras fail because of the Bike vibration. I opted for the Quad lock set up as their vibration dampener was only a $20 accessory. I have yet to receive the set up but will post a pick after it is done.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've been using the same X-grip for the past forgot-how-many years. Never had the rubber band retainer; never saw the need for it. Only mod I did was to add some self-adhesive foam tape over the round center. This added several benefits: better cushioning and, when combined with a phone case, pushing the phone onto the fatter parts of the rubber fingers - better grip and even better vibration damping. Went through several different phones already and never had a problem avoiding hitting buttons on the phone.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
101 Posts
+1000% I had two work iPhone cameras fail because of the Bike vibration. I opted for the Quad lock set up as their vibration dampener was only a $20 accessory. I have yet to receive the set up but will post a pick after it is done.
I just ordered the Quadlock dampener. Any feedback on how it's worked for you? Any camera issues?

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
151 Posts
No issues for me using iPhone 11.

Reactions: axif

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Whichever mount you choose, be sure to keep the arm and the overall cantilever as short as possible. This helps to minimize vibration at the phone, as longer arms tend to amplify amplitude of whatever vibration(s) that gets transmitted into the mount. The latest iPhones are supposedly very susceptible to vibration damage, but no smartphones are immune to it.

I mount my X-grip with a short RAM arm on the M10 threaded hole on the clutch lever perch. I like that - to some degree - I'm leveraging the vibration dampening system built into the handlebar.

Reactions: BladeRunner-N7MX
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.