Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this wasn't covered in another thread:

What is a good replacement brand for our battery.

Are there any booby traps to removing and replacing it?

Never mind I found the lightweight battery thread

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know how to delete the thread so I'll just throw the question out:

What are the best replacement options?
As long as I stay with the specs: YTX9-BS,12V 8AH, there should be many choices.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Kawisakipartshouse.com our battery is: YTX9-BS,12V 8AH

The battery I pulled out is: FTX9-BS. It's made in Thailand for Kawasaki.

What's the difference?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shorai. I thought about the newer technology and lighter weight. I don't know if my purposes and budget would justify the expense.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My Ninja sat for almost 8 months in hot, humid Florida, without any battery maintenance. Cranked the bike instantly. There are other brands beside Shorai.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazon has great customer service and they make an effort to compensate for inconveniences.

Since it was Amazon Prime with 2 day shipping and the confirmation page guaranteed Tuesday delivery, I was miffed that today I check the status and it reads that I can expect Wednesday delivery. In the grand scheme of things this 1 day wait is definitely a First World problem.

I email Amazon and regale them with my tale of woe and they respond by giving me a $20 credit and promise on time delivery. This will bring the price of the battery down to $11. My miniscule effort was rewarded nicely.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Keep in mind, my original concours 14 battery is now coming up on 9 years old. It has been connected to a battery tender, but was oem quality.

So, spending 59 as opposed to 31 sounds good, but ....if the extra dollars may offer life that good, it's a non issue.

For me, I'm going to replace it with the quality part.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
RC are you still confident in your lighter battery?
Jay, that shorting battery has been great. I guess it's 2.5 years old now and has never caused a problem. I just use it.

I did buy the shorai balance charger after a years use, and two winters storage. It showed balanced , and ok within 30 seconds after plugging it in.

So yes, so far, so good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts