Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the motorcycle show in Long Beach, CA last fall and asked the Kawi folks how long it would take to receive the KQR hard cases if I bought a bike without them. They said a couple weeks, not an issue.

Bought the bike and paid for the hard cases November 21 and today I find out the cases won't be in until end of February or the first week of March because "the vendor" that makes them is really behind. Wow. Over three months? I believe these bags are made by Givi. How annoying. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got my bags really quickly. the dealer could tell me right on the spot whether or not the warehouse had them. I have a '14. He said the '15's were hard to get. But then he screwed me on labor. Yet another dealership I won't do business with. Is yours a '15?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my bags really quickly. the dealer could tell me right on the spot whether or not the warehouse had them. I have a '14. He said the '15's were hard to get. But then he screwed me on labor. Yet another dealership I won't do business with. Is yours a '15?
It's a '14. I guess you had better luck than me! I'm thinking if I were to really press the issue I could find some bags. I did get a discount on them though and they are doing the labor for free so I'll probably just wait it out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Took me three months to get mine for a '14 blue. I will tell you that if you tour, it's worth the wait. They are top notch.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took me three months to get mine for a '14 blue. I will tell you that if you tour, it's worth the wait. They are top notch.
Thanks for giving me hope, LOL. ;) I usually do my first tour of the year to Death Valley in March, so the timing should be perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mr Sprocky......You will love them for sure, once you get them....although they make yer *** look big. They are made by GIVI as well as the liner, which I do recommend getting.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mr Sprocky......You will love them for sure, once you get them....although they make yer *** look big. They are made by GIVI as well as the liner, which I do recommend getting.
I was thinking if the liners were good to get. They don't take up too much room? They look really nice and I have not toured yet to see if I really needed them.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roger that racebrooks... welcome to the forum! Perhaps after this rain we should get together for a ride to compare notes on our '14s. :)

Good luck it took me almost 6 months to get my bags.
Unacceptable! :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered and paid for the hard bags in October and they were supposed to arrive in mid Nov. which later turned into the end of Dec. and now is March. They better come in this time or else. My dealer told me that there were approximately 180 people waiting for the bags, I assume in the US.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought my black-on-black 2015 Ninja a year ago, last November. My KQR bags finally arrived about March. The dealer gave me a good discount on the cost and also an excellent job of installing them. I rode with the bags mounted for two more weeks until the trim pieces arrived, which I put on myself. A little frustrating about the wait, but well worth it. These are very good bags and integrate nicely. They also handle the weight well. I have about 18 lbs of stuff -- bike maintenance, emergency, and clothing things -- in each bag. I really like the look of the bike with them on. It looks more complete, but then I'm coming from previous Honda ST1300 and Yamaha FJR bikes. This bike is a worthy touring bike that is over 200 lbs. lighter than the ST. In the year I've owned it, I now have just over 16,500 miles on it. No complaints at all ...I have the extended warranty and a really good dealer for scheduled service intervals.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I really like how people trip out on bike when I'm parked somewhere. "Thats a Ninja 1000 with bags?!" And then I let them listen to the V&H as I take off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts