Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delivered this morning. Fitting was very easy - took about 10 minutes
OEM muffler - 4.9kg/10.6lb
Arrow slip-on - 2.7kg/6.0lb
It's a slightly deeper sound than original, but not much louder.
I haven't taken the baffle/db killer out yet - I haven't got the right tool to remove the circlip (see last photo)
Asphalt Automotive lighting Camera accessory Gas Digital camera Gas Automotive tire Household hardware Auto part Nozzle Gas Machine Auto part Metal Cylinder Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Registered
Was looking a kawasaki saddlebags for my 2021 ninja 1000sx. I have the akrapovic slip on installed and was wondering if you have any heat issues with your new exhaust when saddlebags are installed. Was also going to order from CMS since they are out of stock in the states. The version of saddlebags with heat shields is over $200 more and plus a bit heavier. Every ounce counts.

Registered
As long the exhaust outlet doesn't blow on the saddlebag, you should be fine. IIRC Akra slip-on angles the can about the same as the Arrow above, so it's saddlebag friendly.

Registered
Agree with Volfy, Both the EU and UK bikes that come with the Akrapovic slip-on tour kits are all Non shielded models according to the Kawasaki websites. So, save that money.

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the akrapovic slip on installed and was wondering if you have any heat issues with your new exhaust when saddlebags are installed.
Sorry 2021, I can't advise as I don't have saddlebags for my bike.
The Arrow is the same length and looks to be at the same angle as the OEM exhaust.
I'm looking to get saddlebags when the supply situation improves and I will be ordering the non-heatshield versions.
I agree with Volfy and Riv. The Aust. bags now don't have the heat shields either.
I think the bags with with heatshields were for the 2016-2019 bikes that came with the dual exhausts, which were shorter and at a steeper angle than our 2020/21 with the single-side exhaust.

Reactions: Riv

Registered
Was looking a kawasaki saddlebags for my 2021 ninja 1000sx. I have the akrapovic slip on installed and was wondering if you have any heat issues with your new exhaust when saddlebags are installed. Was also going to order from CMS since they are out of stock in the states. The version of saddlebags with heat shields is over $200 more and plus a bit heavier. Every ounce counts.
I can confirm that the Arrow full system exhaust which is on my 2021 N1K doesn't have any issues with the Kawasaki saddle bags that don't have heat shielding on the bottom; I would expect the same with the Akra especially as they basically look and are in the same placement

Registered
Kawasaki saddle bags that don't have heat shielding on the bottom
How about with the heat shields? I have the ones with the shields, and they only stick down maybe a 1/2 inch, max, from the bottom of the bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts