Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a set of Apex 3" riser clip-ons and they are awesome. The stock bar position gets harsh after a little while and they don't do anything to help the bike handle. The Apex bars really make it feel like a sportbike without having to lean over to far. So it becomes an actual sport touring bike with an emphasis on sport.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
A few questions for you:

It looks like at full lock in your pictures that the left handle bar is resting on the fairing. True?

Do the handlebars hit the windscreen when the windscreen is at its lowest position and the bars are at full lock?

How adjustable are the height of those bars?

They look really nice.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have the same on my 2011 with 4 inch risers. I freaking love them.

They are the most adjustable clip-on set up I could find when I was looking. I found the stock bar set up was really uncomfortable, but with these and a Seargent seat it's all day comfy and I can still thrash wheelies and stoppies when I want to :)

You can swing the base around the fork tube a bit to move the bars closer or farther away, you can dramatically change the height in seconds if you with, you can set the "V" the bars have (limited by the tank and windscreen like on most bikes) and you can change the angle of the bars as well. The actual clip-on has a small dowel in it, and the upright is drilled in like 13 or 16 locations and changing the dowel's position changes the angle of the bar.

These are very adjustable, high quality, and well worth the money if you don't like stock bars.

Mine are older than the Op's and do not have the super cool hash marks built into them to make it easier to make sure they are both the same.

The only even remotely bad thing I can say about themis that thery are much more skinney than the stock set up, and it looks odd when you look down right after you change them out. Almost looks like something is missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GISrtjxU04 My Apex bars in action :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like 'em. A little less shoulder pressure?
Way better for riding and really help with cornering. Put your hands in a more natural positions, you just have to send time getting them adjusted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few questions for you:

It looks like at full lock in your pictures that the left handle bar is resting on the fairing. True?

Do the handlebars hit the windscreen when the windscreen is at its lowest position and the bars are at full lock?

How adjustable are the height of those bars?

They look really nice.
My bar is just at the fairing but they do not touch the screen when it is in the full down position. The bars go into the full lock position you just don't want your hands there when they do. There is 3" of up and down adjustment but if you want bars that will give you a more upright sitting position and the proper hand angle they sell these in a 4" riser as well. I'm just more accustomed to all out no frills sportbikes. I only got this because of injuries and have been debating going back every since. It's a fun bike I just wasn't happy when I discovered the limited top end speed.

·
Registered
270 Posts
These in 4" should be awesome. they look cool.
How much are they? any link for them?

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I went with SpeedyMoto clipons/risers for my 2012 (and since just mounted them on my 2017). Massive improvement over stock, mostly from the angle of the bars. At the inner most point of the bars they are 1/2" lower. At the bar ends they are 4" lower. Way more comfortable and natural feeling.

I ordered both the Apex bars and the SpeedyMoto bars at the same time and fitted both. I chose the SpeedyMoto ones for 2 reasons

(1) I could re-use the stock bars, which made for a much easier install
(2) fewer pieces, fewer fasteners, meaning less things to go loose

·
Registered
571 Posts
They are 50mm risers. You can't go any lower than that. Even with adjustments, the bolt sticking out of the bottom of the brake mechanism will scratch the intake panel (ask me how I know). However, there is no interference anywhere else. In fact, i think there is more clearance at the front with the re-designed fairing

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had these exact bars on my CBR and they're nothing short of amazing. Great build quality, and worth every penny. My bike came with Murph's on it, otherwise I would have gone Apex all the way. I will say Apex has a great discount around Black Friday for anyone on the fence you can save about $90.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are 50mm risers. You can't go any lower than that. Even with adjustments, the bolt sticking out of the bottom of the brake mechanism will scratch the intake panel (ask me how I know). However, there is no interference anywhere else. In fact, i think there is more clearance at the front with the re-designed fairing
When you used the stock bars with the SpeedyMoto clamps/risers, does this also change the angle of the bars? Or are they still horizontal like the stock set up?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts