Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Some times cheaper isnt better, i think i would go with a proven system that there are reviews on. I looked on there web site at the exhaust and fuel tuner and the only review i found on the ninja was one that the fuel tuner wouldnt work.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I get the idea, but the problem is it leaves the problem attached to the bike.

The cat and the box dont hurt flow. The headers small id makes sure the damage is done, and this leaves them in.

I could build this in my garage, for less.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I can't personally speak for his Ninja stuff but Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) is INCREDIBLY well respected when it comes to Suzuki Bandits. This guy is like the Ivan of Bandits, maybe more so. Generally he knows his way around a motor.

Call him up and talk to him. In the past I had no issue getting him on the phone to talk about the Bandit parts I bought from him. They totally transformed that bike. I picked up about 30hp at the rear wheel with just a few bolt on parts from him.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Day, he is well respected and knows Banditis. I like that the tried to help the ninja, for a good price. He tried a different angle, and thats cool.

However, this system still sucks. Visually, thats easy to see. In theory, thats easy to see, too, since it left the header behind.

The system here would be a bad idea , no matter who made it. If Akra made it, I'd say the same thing and mention, "Because it left the stock header behind"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I emailed Dale about his page not working, not showing all pics and dyno charts. He responded right away and said his old page was being converted to a new page, here's a link to his new page. Dyno shows comparable gains to ivans full system +13 hp/6 tqe to +15 hp/6tqu. Keep in mind as per his page Dale's dyno is 4500ft above sea level so dont look at just the total numbers, but the gain numbers.

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Its hard to believe you can get 13 hp without putting a header from manifold back, go for it and give us a progress report, if it pans out youll help him sell abunch of them. Somebody on here made a link pipe and done away with the cat and box and i think it was like maybe 1 or 2 horsepower. So basically that hole shot system is about the same as a decatted system with slip ons, somebody else claimed maybe 1 hp gain with air filter. Im not saying its impossible, i think ivan is getting 11 hp with stock exhaust and a flash.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that is holeshots full system, the pipe plus autotune, so a reflash of sorts. Sounds comparable then...?

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Well the fuel controller just adds and tkes away fuel, you could also get a flash to go with that system, i think the flash is for removing restrictions and smoothing every thing out.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
The price is right thats for sure, even if you only got like 6 or 7 hp, but it does not look as clean on a bike from looking at there picture, time you hack the exhaust try and remove the cat id just as soon have a correct size of header to bolt back on, so comparable id say no. But for my taste looks is very important and i dont want something on my bike that looks like a hack job, performance mods are expensive whether your dealing with car or bike

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Will that ixil system fit, or is it called ilix? That full system is cheap, and looks great on a z 1000.

Sorry, way too dumb to post a link on the phone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So much easier and cheaper to do it correctly the first time.

That pic makes the pipe look cheap, which is what it is.

I will not offer the best power, it will not offer the best sound, and it will not have the most area under the curve.

I have nothing against dale Walker personally, I have never met him, but this system is not amazing to be nice.

The top quality pipes cost a lot because they do the most R%D on performance, they have very high quality built, and they typically sound very good.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
So much easier and cheaper to do it correctly the first time.

That pic makes the pipe look cheap, which is what it is.

I will not offer the best power, it will not offer the best sound, and it will not have the most area under the curve.

I have nothing against dale Walker personally, I have never met him, but this system is not amazing to be nice.

The top quality pipes cost a lot because they do the most R%D on performance, they have very high quality built, and they typically sound very good.
Im with the man racing on that one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts