Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey had a little mishap with the bike this past weekend. Right side of the exhaust got scratched up. :(

Everything else in virtual mint condition on my 2014, so the scratches kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone want to help a brother out?? :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey had a little mishap with the bike this past weekend. Right side of the exhaust got scratched up. :(

Everything else in virtual mint condition on my 2014, so the scratches kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone want to help a brother out?? :D
Might be time for an Aftermarket set? Lots of good options.. Eventually im going to change my stockers out and sell them, but not for a bit.

Reactions: Spartan

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I'll sell ya my 2014 right side OEM exhaust big guy... motosport sells that part for $880 so how 'bout $400 and you pay for shipping costs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Like I said.. Get a set of M4 Cans or Urban Brawlers.. You can have the whole set for under 400, Install in 15 mins.. IF they too loud you can buy silencers.. Win.

·
Registered
709 Posts

Yes. I just hope I can help :)

How scratched up is it? You might be able to do some light sanding followed by a DA polisher to make it look good again.
Novaks idea is worth trying. You should also check out sdkoskey's thread "This is how it should have been made." He did a really nice job of powder coating his stock exhaust.

http://www.kawasakininja1000.com/forum/ninja-1000-appearance-modifications/4042-how-should-have-been-made.html

I can't see myself putting out cold hard cash to buy more of these stock cans. If I'm shelling out more money, I'm going Akro'. Since mine are still in working order, I'll live with them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Stock

Im in Hawaii, but pay for shipping...... I give you mines for $100
email me with stock exhaust as topic. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

Novaks idea is worth trying. You should also check out sdkoskey's thread "This is how it should have been made." He did a really nice job of powder coating his stock exhaust.

http://www.kawasakininja1000.com/forum/ninja-1000-appearance-modifications/4042-how-should-have-been-made.html

I can't see myself putting out cold hard cash to buy more of these stock cans. If I'm shelling out more money, I'm going Akro'. Since mine are still in working order, I'll live with them.
Wow, that does look really good! The exhaust matches the engine covers/case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said.. Get a set of M4 Cans or Urban Brawlers.. You can have the whole set for under 400, Install in 15 mins.. IF they too loud you can buy silencers.. Win.
I'm one of those that actually likes the current OEM cans. LOL!

Actually, I do like the upgrade by sdkoskey-the black looks very badass.

My bike only has 1200 miles on it and didn't want to do too many changes just yet.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Ouch! That's worse than what I had pictured in my head, lol. It would work for the bit on the actual muffler, but not so much on the endcap. That's pretty deep, too much metal is gone. The bottom most scrape could be almost completely hidden/erased, but that top rash is pretty bad, there's not much to work with there. It would take a lot of work and time to make that go away, and you'd still see quite a bit of it afterwards. Sorry, but I think my method would not work. :(

I'm sure a competent body shop could do some good, but the price would make it not worthwhile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha! Thanks for the brutal honesty! LOL! I may have to look into the other options of finding a replacement part. I thought about high temp aluminum colored paint, but not sure if that would look patchy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Appreciate the input! Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Just keep an eye out here and on the other forums, somebody will have a stock set of cans for sale. We are in the minority it seems, in that we like the stock exhaust, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got two stock exhausts with my 2011 as the guy i bought it off of had gotten 2 as dealer had an extra one they included.

both look great. odd.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would maybe try to find some type heavy duty high temp aluminum foil tape and do some careful placement to just cover up the scrapes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts