Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake lever is perfectly placed (probably 4 o'clock position) but my clutch lever sticks straight out (probably 3 o'clock) and I hate it. The metal tab that rests against the cable adjustment wheel to keep it from moving is keeping me from being able to lower the clutch lever to match the brake. Has anybody removed or modified that tab and lowered their lever? Or am I the only person that is bothered by this? Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I haven't even managed a ride on mine yet (go away, winter!)- but while sitting on it in the garage and making "Vroom Vroom!" noises I too felt the lever to be too high, and also discovered the adjuster tang interference issue. I suppose the easiest fix would be to remove the adjuster tang and use a standard locking wheel like was done for the last 50 years.

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
I can get mine to an ok position by sliding the perch assembly towards the grip as much as possible.

Not that you can go so far where the bottom of the lever hits the switch housing. Stop before that happens.

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
I am in full agreement, though. The dirt bikes dont use that spring part to hold the adjuster, and I wish we had the option here to do the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking it wasn't 100% necessary. I removed it and cut it down then reinstalled it. That allowed me to move the clutch down and the tab still puts a good amount of pressure against the adjustment wheel. I did it today at work. Also did garage door opener too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i just took off the retaining clip like others have said. its given me some room but still not really as much as i would have liked. Might look into cutting down the threaded adjuster as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts