Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
111 Posts
Ok, gotcha. I would agree, even if you have the ECU flashed back to stock, it will never appear stock to the dealer due to the cut, which could result in a losing pissing match between the owner and dealer. If nothing else, at least purchase a new ECU for the "first" customer they are cutting into the ECU for and 2 Wheel keeps the cut ECU while giving the customer the new ECU with flash at no extra charge.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I hear ya, bit I dont blame Cooldaddy groove for allowing that. He was screwed, and the flash wasnt happening unless he let the drilling happen. That sounds bad....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea, I would have done the same. Gotta do what you gotta do with what's available if you want/need a flash. I'm curious to see how long it will take one of the tuners to crack the ECU on the 2020.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I cant even imagine the things that would be possible in the 2020 ecu. I also wonder what's next? How can you upgrade the 2020 system?

I remember seeing an old Suzuki documeny that someone had "borrowed" . It showed the current sv650, but it also showed what was going to happen to it over the next several years. Features that were to be added. Its displacement increasing to 700cc. That sort of thing. I'm sure it would have happened if our economy didnt take a dump in 2008.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hopefully Kawasaki is paying attention to these forums, an option in the menu to select rear tire size or an IMU based system that can operate regardless of rear wheel speed would be nice.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That 2wheel dyno works video has a lot of bad info. If you look at the dyno chart, the real power figure is 134-135...not 138. He might have disabled the guys exhaust valve, or he just turned the error system off. Who knows?

There is also no "custom tune" when you go to these places. He might call it that, but its no more custom than I could give you from my kitchen table. I've also heard, from several sources, hes not afraid to give free product, or cash, to promote.

Before last week it was "any port in a storm". You take what you can get, and hope it's better than stock. That's over now. Before motoman can say something, I've never taken anything from Ivan. I've paid full, list price for two flashes, block off plates and a power commander. All the updates were free, but they are for any prior ecu hes flashed. Notice that I said "ecu" and not "owner". If you buy a used bike , with Ivan's flash, he updates it for no cost, other than postage. You can do that when you dont have license fees. I seriously dont see updates happening to this Ninja flash. A person should not ever use the "perfect p" word, but it probably applies to this flash.

He doesnt do that. I didnt even get an Ivans shirt.
You know, unlike RC, I actually have a Life. A Busy one! I don't have ENDLESS amounts of time, like RC, to be on this message board spouting off about Ivan and every other topic for 10,000 to 20,000 posts...

Yes, RC has made it abundantly clear he LOVES Ivan. Over and over and over. I bet if you showed him INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE that somebody had a better tune, he would still try to poke holes in it.

Why is this? No one seems to know. And nobody cares.

And in addition, the quality of a tune is somewhat subjective. You could have 4 guys try 2 different tunes on the same bike, and they would probably be split down the middle according to how they ride, what they expect from a tune, and what they did and didn't like about each tune.

I have had good results with 2WDW, so I use them. I have also recently used other tuners who specialize in other bikes, and I used them too. I even have a bike that Ivan flashed! You see, I have what's called an OPEN MIND. I am not brainwashed that Ivan is the only Human on the Planet who knows how to flash an ECU.

So I will leave you all to read more of the RC Spewage (if that isn't a word it should be!) that dominates this Board. I don't know why he doesn't just take it over, since there is little room for anyone else to say anything.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
At least these people know who I am, motoman. It's not like I show up to post only in ecu reflash threads. When people only post in the reflash threads, it looks like they are on the payroll.

I wonder if Tyrmeltr feels like his ecu errors are subjective? My guess is, he doesnt.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
As far as being open minded, at one time I was. Probably back in 2012. Since then, I've learned several things.

One company doesnt drill customer ECU's
One company always gets top reviews, no matter what bike
One company will not release a flash that causes ecu errors.
One company will not flash a bike until THAT specific bike is in their shop, and they work with THAT model. No guesswork.

They buy every ecu for that specific series of machine. That costs thousands, but in their opinion, that is a business cost. Others drill customers ecu's to find this info. It's cheaper that way, but not so great for the customer.
"Good enough " is never good enough.

Sure, it would be easier on the customer if there was no such thing as updates, but that happens when the person doing the work is a perfectionist. I dont think hes ever releases a flash first, but once he does, the rest crawl away and find a new bike to work with.

I could go on, but after learning about this, and personally owning the products, I realized I had facts . Choosing, or recommending another vendor amounts to stupid, or liar.

I'm not stupid. I could see the evidence that showed better, more complete work that was in a similar price bracket. I'm not a liar. My opinion and recommendation isnt for sale. Theres not enough in it, for me, to look the other way and pretend they are all the same.

I wont put up with anything on my bike that isnt as perfect as I can possibly make it. I could show you my stacks of brake rotors, brake pads, master cylinders and brake pads. That wouldnt even get us to the back of the bike.

With that said, would I let someone else flash my bike? Hell yes. Show me a better option and I'll be the first to send my ecu in. It would probably be shipped next day air. That hasn't happened.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Last night I was feeling it and took the N1K to the freeway and got it up to 158 mph on the speedometer (I did not use gps to get a read). I wonder what the top speed on it would be with a new exhaust and tune...maybe 170?

·
Registered
111 Posts
What was rpm at 158?

Reactions: Energydrinkvape

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
If I just gave an answer like, "Yes" and "right around 11,000" , it wouldnt mean I did it, would it? Because I wouldnt. That would be irresponsible and illegal. I dont do that. 55 saves lives. I learned that in 1975, and I live by it. I do have a 1 tooth larger rear sprocket, z 1000 like gearing. The older, flashed bikes had a slightly lower 6th and made a few more hp than the 2014 and later bikes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
At least these people know who I am, motoman. It's not like I show up to post only in ecu reflash threads. When people only post in the reflash threads, it looks like they are on the payroll.

I wonder if Tyrmeltr feels like his ecu errors are subjective? My guess is, he doesnt.
My 2017 bike runs fine... I only get on here if I'm looking for something.

I don't care if people know who I am .... I don't socialize here. But YOU do. It's well established that you have no life and spend every waking moment on this Board.

As far as 'being on the payroll... HAHAHA! Look in the mirror, Clown. That's the dumbest you've ever said.

·
Registered
310 Posts
As far as being open minded, at one time I was. Probably back in 2012. Since then, I've learned several things.

One company doesnt drill customer ECU's
One company always gets top reviews, no matter what bike
One company will not release a flash that causes ecu errors.
One company will not flash a bike until THAT specific bike is in their shop, and they work with THAT model. No guesswork.

They buy every ecu for that specific series of machine. That costs thousands, but in their opinion, that is a business cost. Others drill customers ecu's to find this info. It's cheaper that way, but not so great for the customer.
"Good enough " is never good enough.

Sure, it would be easier on the customer if there was no such thing as updates, but that happens when the person doing the work is a perfectionist. I dont think hes ever releases a flash first, but once he does, the rest crawl away and find a new bike to work with.

With that said, would I let someone else flash my bike? Hell yes. Show me a better option and I'll be the first to send my ecu in. It would probably be shipped next day air. That hasn't happened.
Oh Give it a G-D rest you little rodent.

Mark Twain once said "Never argue with an idiot--they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" .

I've been riding around on my 2017 with 2WDW tune and full Akro for a few years now. Glad Ivan finally caught up.
You're riding a 2012! Why are you even involved in this discussion?

I have told you at least a dozen times NOBODY CUT INTO MY ECU. But your little parrot brain keeps bringing it up.

PLEASE leave me out of this. I have a life and don't have time for you or this garbage. You are like Donald Trump--you keep ignoring everything I'm saying, so I am now completely done. You win. Do Not respond to this Post, DO NOT mention my username in any of your Posts. Gay Marriage is legal---Go suck Ivan's dick and I hope you two are happy forever after.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Motoman, its sketchy as hell when all you do is show up for ecu threads. I dont believe you have ever taken the time to get to know anyone here, and I know you've never helped anyone, or provided any decent information.

I know no one cut into your ecu. He didnt have to as he had already cut into Cooldaddygroves ecu. We have a thread where that happened. So he stopped doing that...awesome?

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
RC, try to remember he ordered you not to mention his name in a post. Now that you violated his dicktate, I mean dictate, he may start getting upset again and continue to share his innermost fantasies of man on man love.
Although, I"m not going to lie. You and Ivan would look super cute together 😀

·
Registered
310 Posts
Motoman, its sketchy as hell when all you do is show up for ecu threads. I dont believe you have ever taken the time to get to know anyone here, and I know you've never helped anyone, or provided any decent information.
I told you not to talk to me. I told you not to reply to my Post. CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER?? Next time I will report you to the Moderator for harassment and Block you.

Hopefully, this is my final reply to you FOREVER. I don't talk to Idiots.

Why would you know who I talk to here? Why would you know who I know here?
No, I'm not an active member of this board. I just get offended when someone like you comes along.

The N1K is a low-maintenance bike. It really doesn't need much attention. Especially the 2017+. That's why people buy it. I like it that way. I have other bikes that are much more complex and I'm on those message boards until I get things figured out. I'm on Message Boards that organize Rides in the Pacific Northwest. A MOTORCYCLE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT RIDING!! Not talking endlessly about technical trivia. I wanna be like that guy that went 100K without a valve adjustment.

I don't take my bike apart like you do every night. My goal here is not to be a big post-whore like you, or everybody's Buddy. There's just not much to say. Oil? Tires? Battery? Steering Dampers? Suspension? Wheel Bearings? On and on. Been there 1000's of times with many, many bikes.

OK, that's it RC. Go play with Ivan, leave me alone. You live in a World of Illusion, Population 1.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Moto man, please do report me for picking on you. Do it, please. That is what children do when they cant stick up for themselves. Im not sure i ever harrased you....just the liars and thieves you represent.

It figures...when you cant support your position with facts, you resort to personal attacks.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts