Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw there are some universal units on ebay for cancelling turn signals.

Anyone added one of these to their Ninja 1000? Install Difficulty?

I always forget my blinker on. Don't like it b/c not polite to people behind me, could be dangerous to others or myself not knowing it's on.

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
Post a link to what you've seen. I actually own two kits that would add a beeping sound, but have not installed them. Soemthing needs to happen, for me.

Please post a link to the kit you are talking about.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dealer mechanic is getting a set in to fit. Apparently operates for 20 seconds and cancels . will let you know when it is fitted

·
Registered
70 Posts
But the switch would stay in the On Position, right?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Only fitted today, will find out the make and model. When using, the switch stays in 'ON' position, If the next turn is required in the opposite direction merely switch to opposite side. to operate. If the next turn is in same direction the switch needs to be centred first. Certainly a vast improvement, though 20 seconds is the unalterable time period, which needs to be taken into account.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Only fitted today, will find out the make and model. When using, the switch stays in 'ON' position, If the next turn is required in the opposite direction merely switch to opposite side. to operate. If the next turn is in same direction the switch needs to be centred first. Certainly a vast improvement, though 20 seconds is the unalterable time period, which needs to be taken into account.
Thanks! Sounds great, any pics of installation, by chance?

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
Yamaha has an awesome system back in 1980. I suppose its issue was it could shut off before a turn was made, but still....vastly better than my driving 400 miles with it on. I never look at indicators, gauges, etc. I started with so many years , offroad, there was nothing to look at.

I hope you end up saying this system is ok. Even old bikes had an audible beeper.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ninja 22, the indicator cancelling device is an ' M Stop Flasher', from a firm in Queensland Australia.. I cannot give you a photo because the mechanic fitted it, but, he said it was very simple to fit. They are under $100 to buy and easy to fit. Tested it today .To be safe press cancel each time before switching for direction of turn. I allowed approx. 10 seconds before turn ,that allowed 10 after turn completed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kawasaki Z1R

My '78 Z1R had a self canceling turn signal. I believe it was distance related, which makes sense. 500' comes to mind - about 0.1 miles.

These days something like that could be programmable and also have different settings for different speeds if you'd like.

Carl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts