Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on some urban brawlers and they sound awsome, but i believe on a 3 or 4 hour trip they might be to much, ive read where the inserts they sale to go in them doesnt do much for toning them down wandering if anybody has come up with anything better.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'll repeat a bit what I've written before. At a normal cruise, they truly aren't much louder than stock. I spend most of my time at about 5-5.5k. I do have taller gearing but this puts me at about 80-85 mph. I have no issues with them at that speed.

My non-V&H db killers just arrived today. They are adjustable so I may slap them in and see how they work. I could honestly cruise with them all day without earplugs. I always wear earplugs though just because I don't want hearing issues and there is enough wind noise to be a concern even with a good helmet.

I plan to install the db killers this weekend with my son so I can teach him a few things. I'll report back how much, if at all, they help. I went by a cop last night at about 4k rpm and he didn't even glance my way. I think where they get "loud" is when you seriously putting a load on the motor. Even then they aren't as loud as a lot of the systems I've heard. The cat in the header kills a lot of it off. I could see that the N1K could be seriously loud if you swapped out a new header that eliminated a cat and THEN ran them to the Brawlers. :D

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day trippin mine were loud as **** at 45 mph between 2000 and 3000 rpm,my twin cylinder has a two brothers on it and it is louder at idle than the n 1000 but when you get on the gas its more mellow, it might just be me not use to the 4 cylinder note, anyway i had some zilla cash so i ordered the factory inserts for the brawlers and if i dont like the sound ill weld some plates with holes in it till i get the sound i want, we use to have to run a muffler on our headers on our dirt track racing karts and all they were was a piece of tube with plates with holes welded in there was like 3 plates inside, i experimented in the gray area of tech on the muffler and it was amazing with barely enlarging the holes with a drill bit the difference it made in sound, im doing it for my wife because i think it will be louder on the back of the bike, lets say i got alot of looks on my first ride and revved twice at red lights by ricers, the bike sounded a whole lot louder than there cars lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts