Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wandering if any body has herd of the rapid bike fuel controller for our bikes, i seen it advertised looking at the new suzuki s1000, it looks like it might do more than the power commander but a bit pricey, pretty good looking set up and they have one for our bikes.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One advantage of this controller is it is digital and doesnt store maps it adjust to real time conditions

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading several post it seems like it would be great if someone goes from low altitudes to high ltitudes alot or just has money to burn for a new toy, just doesnt give the bang for the buck a reflash does like ivans.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Our systems already compensate for altitude. A 100% stock bike will do that.

The problem with this, auto tune, or any diy method is "tune to WHAT?"

Without having a good definition of "WHAT", you have nothing.

It says, "The new and innovative autoadaptive feature allows Rapid Bike module to compare the air/fuel ratio target value (set within the module’s map) with the signal reported by the stock lambda sensor"

Thats awesome, but do you want to set it for 13.2, 13.5, 13.8? Might your bike be better at 14.0? Who knows?

Even that sounds easy, but if your playing with auto tune, a change from 13.5 to 13.8 is almost impossible to feel. Then what? Leave it? Change it? Guess again?

These are fixes for fuel injected bikes and cars that cost anywhere form 35.00 for an ebay resistor for the airbox to 25,000 systems that need an engineer hired to program them.

What none of these systems sell you is knowledge. Other than internet searches, you wont find much air fuel ratio information, which is the goal.

So, yes, I'll bet their system is as good as the guy who programs it, just like everything else.

At least with Power Commander you know other people who use it. This system is probably very cool, but where do you go for advise or tech support?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Rapid bike is what EDR performance recommended but I went with Ivan's flash as it would be cheaper in the long run. Only advantage of rapid bike I see is that you can have multiple settings.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Power commander will store 2 settings if you build a 2.00 switch.

As far as multiple settings, what you really find is there is one setting..good. The rest, not so good. So, having 4-5 settings is not really a great thing.

·
Registered
960 Posts
After reading several post it seems like it would be great if someone goes from low altitudes to high ltitudes alot or just has money to burn for a new toy, just doesnt give the bang for the buck a reflash does like ivans.

I live at sea level and have done trips out west and gone up to around 11,000 feet. Bike runs perfectly at any elevation.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Christy, I've been from @4000-11,000 on my Ivan's reflash.

Lots of missing power up high, but that's true for any non turbo/supercharged machine.

Like you say, the bike runs fine, and a lot better than back in the carb days.

I'll bet real, 0 ft sea level is fun. Even my little Mazda 3 felt powerful at sea leve.

I wish you guys could have tried a stock concours 14, then tried it with its secondary butterflies removed. Removing them added 20%-30% power, under 4000rpm.

That's the problem with fuel controllers. In modern times, much more is happening besides fuel. And why does my tablet keep changing "modern" into Korean?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts