Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been a while since I’ve gotten on the forum. Love the Shad side and top cases for my ninja. They work great, look great and are easy to put on and off. Love the Cortech tank bank. I use it a lot on my Guzzi and it turns into a great backpack when off the bike. So what’s the deal than? The same issue as hundreds of other owners, the 45 minute seat!!!! I spent so much $$$ getting her touring ready but can’t sit more than an hour or my * sliding into the tank!! I’d trade her in for a Versys or a Connie if it wasn’t for the stuff I have just added. Ok, I’m done. I’ll suck it up and deal with it. I’ll still do trips on her regardless. I rode with a guy who had a nice BMW. It was faster than me and you should have seen his seat!! Sofa- like!! But my Ninja looked and sounded soooo much better! I’ll stick!

·
Registered
924 Posts
You probably should have spent a little more time reading the forum! Probably 80-90% of us who ride have replaced the seat. Lots of good info on replacement seats and seat options on the forum.

Reactions: Avintage69

·
Registered
334 Posts
And I hated the Sargent World "something" seat that came on my 2017, *** burn in an hour and loved the factory seat on my 2019 N400.

I sold the Sargent and bought a factory Ergo seat and was golden, 16 hours in one day with only the last few getting to be uncomfortable but not painful.

Every *** is different.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I sent a Sargent seat i bought cheap on ebay back to them and had them add an inch of foam and eliminate the forward slope. Cost $119 to have it redone and it was a big difference over the stock Sargent seat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You probably should have spent a little more time reading the forum! Probably 80-90% of us who ride have replaced the seat. Lots of good info on replacement seats and seat options on the forum.
Wow, that’s a thought!!! I have read so many seat posts and it seems the best option is to find a shop that can redo the stock seat. I’ve read mostly negative views on Sargent and Corbin seats in addition to the cost of them. I wish Kawa would just make a better seat since you are right, so many of us hate the stock seat!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Well, I personally really like the Sargent seat, straight from the factory. >100k miles, no forward slope, 12-14 hour days and no butt burn. What's not to like? RC says it's shaped like a tractor seat so maybe spending all my formative years on a steel tractor seat shaped me for the Sargent? But I'll admit, it could use just a touch thicker foam.

I can visualize the seat design meeting between the ergonomic guy, the marketing design guy and the bookkeeper. The ergo guy was outnumbered in that meeting.

But there certainly are some weird a$$ed people on this forum! (pun intended) There are even a couple of people who think the stock seat is fine! Butts are like riding style, everyone has one and we all think ours is average or "normal."

·
Registered
367 Posts
My *** is normal. Every other dudes is just friggin weird.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Easy inexpensive solution,,,,,,,,,Air hawk,,!!

Reactions: MicMac and slayman

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really like my Sargent Seat. Had mine special made one inch thicker to help with my 34" inseam. No issues. Nice stuff.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have been happy for many years with the Sargent seat. Not perfect but very good. I ordered a Terry Adcox seat for my other bike and it is brilliant. Looks a bit odd as it is wider than the stock seat but I can plop my butt down on that thing and not stop until I am about to run out of fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts