Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the single side out headers with akropvic muffler and was thinking of trying to find a single urban brawler to put on it sometimes. Will it work with the header pipe or do I have to stick with the akropvic mufflers. The color of my bike would look better with the black brawler.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
My guess is you will cost yourself horsepower if you dont find a way to increase its inlet to at least 60mm.

A 60mm inlet, and a 48 dont look all that much different, but if you calculate it out, that 60 flows about twice as much.

Figure you could fit four circles, 30mm diameter, inside of a 60mm circle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude u lost me there. I have the akropvic headers single side out. Ivan said on the dyno there is no power difference between dual side out or single. I am just curious if the urban brawlers will fit on akropvic exhaust tubing.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I think the 2 into 1 header has a bigger outlet, if you have a stock muffler see if it will work, i think the 2 into 2 headers will work with the stock, if the stock will fit it the brawler will work but im thinking the outlet is to big

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Dude u lost me there. I have the akropvic headers single side out. Ivan said on the dyno there is no power difference between dual side out or single. I am just curious if the urban brawlers will fit on akropvic exhaust tubing.

The dual outlet uses two outlets, one per side, and they are 47 or 48mm each.

The single uses one 60mm outlet, on one side.

If you take something intended for two outlets, it will be 47 or 48mm diameter and your single exhaust will still be 60. So no, unless you expand it, it will be too small.

If you shim it, the flow will be low since it was supposed to be 60mm.

Ivan said that in context. Not as if someone takes a dual slip on system and adapts it down to one side only.

Visually, you can see the size differences here and the single side is much larger diameter.

Arrow - Kawasaki Z 1000 2010

If you went to a exhaust shop, theres a possibility you could have the urban brawler expanded to fit. Just the entrance side, but I think you'd still end up with poor flow since the brawlers are so small, ID.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
An easier way of thinking about it is this. The brawlers were meant to be used, together. Each one shares half the exhaust flow.

With you idea, one stays in service, and one goes on the shelf.

It was never designed to be used like this, so its not capable of flowing 100% of the exhaust when it was designed for 50%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts