Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to buy one of these yet? They showed out of stock at Revzilla (and everywhere else I checked) a few weeks ago, so I got on their email notification list for when it would be available (I want the carbon fiber one). I received an email that it could be ordered on July 11th and within 10 minutes placed the order and got a confirmation from them. Today they cancelled my order saying that they made an error and could not ship, but should have more available from the manufacturer in a few weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you were too far down the list? If shipping cost isnt a big deal, I had amazing service from webike japan. 3 days from japan to Utah. It was expensive, but they keep their word.

I don't know what's going on with Revzilla--they initially accepted the order and then cancelled it 7 days later. Thanks for the link--I've bought from Webike Japan before with good service as well, but didn't think about them. Overall it would cost me about $125 more, but might be worth it if I have to wait more than a few weeks to get it from Revzilla.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the carbon fiber Akrapovic slip-on last week--all of a sudden one came available on Revzilla so I jumped on it. It looks so much better than the OEM, although not much difference in sound--just a little deeper growl at higher rpm's.

BTW, when I removed the OEM, I noticed that the bottom of the heat shield toward the rear was major scratched up from lack of ground clearance. I had a maximum of 51 degrees of lean angle indicated on the right side--also got the right peg pretty badly. Probably best to limit lean on that side with the stock exhaust--the Akra sits higher and is narrower, so should not be a problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks great, Thank You for the lean angle headsup.

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Did you guys ever climb on the wrong bike? I bought a brand new Nissan truck in 1995. The retail price was supposed to be 11k, or so, but they brought in all these stripped down versions...no ac, no radio, no nothing that wasnt needed. They sold these trucks for 7995.00, all in. Needless to say, the shop sold hundreds of them. Mine was red.

I took it back to get the basic, cheap, bumper installed. I parked in the service area. A few minute later, another customer pulled in . Same truck. It was red, but it didnt have the rear slider window. This guy bought the deluxe bumper.

I came back, a few hrs later to pick it up. Theres my truck with the deluxe bumper. I mentioned it to the service manager and he turned several shades of red.

Aparently, there were only 7 or 8 different key combinations on these trucks. The other red truck and mine were keyed alike. The tech didnt know this so when the keys fit, he put the deluxe bumper on my truck. The other guy got the shitbox black.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before my exhaust change out, the only difference was that jjscsix had removed the "Ninja" decals on his fairings. We had the same problem with a couple of black BMW S1000R's we owned a few years back.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We both have owned three bikes for several years now. We have actually owned identical bikes several times. We somehow manage to differentiate them. We both own FJRs and the above 1000SXs right now, but our FJRs are different year and color.

As I have said, we have been riding together every week for over fifteen years, and very seldom do we know which bike the other will show up on. Needless to say, we both know each other's riding style.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As I have said, we have been riding together every week for over fifteen years, and very seldom do we know which bike the other will show up on. Needless to say, we both know each other's riding style.
From time to time I've had riding buddies I have enjoyed because we spent the time to learn each others style and our styles fit together. But, as that time passes, I move, or they move, or whatever. You guys have a special bond for a long time that I doubt most riders never have, me being one of them, at least the time thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
From time to time I've had riding buddies I have enjoyed because we spent the time to learn each others style and our styles fit together. But, as that time passes, I move, or they move, or whatever. You guys have a special bond for a long time that I doubt most riders never have, me being one of them, at least the time thing.
We were very fortunate to meet in a motorcycle get together organized on a forum. We just hit it off. It turned out that we both worked in the same industry, both are also HUGE car guys, both have never had children, and both have wives who let us have our fun and take a long trip every year. Our riding habits (meaning how hard we run) is extremely compatible etc. we even share political views....sort of ;)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hang on to a good riding buddy. I've had a couple over the years. Going out today for a short ride with one I've ridden with since '85 with gaps for kids, heart attack and other distractions. Stay healthy, keep riding!

Reactions: Bill_in_Indy

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hang on to a good riding buddy. I've had a couple over the years. Going out today for a short ride with one I've ridden with since '85 with gaps for kids, heart attack and other distractions. Stay healthy, keep riding!
He and I are pretty good about learning to "hang on". There are certain things I'm not allowed to talk about at lunch any more - I'd tell you what it is, but I'm not allowed to talk about it, but a hint is that it's political. And there are things he is not allowed to do any more, but I can't talk about that either ;)

We have truly become close friends. When we started meeting for lunch by car on rainy days that we would have ridden together is when we knew that it was more than just about riding together.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts