Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Aftermarket Rear Set Question

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  rcannon409 
#1 ·
I recently obtained a 2014 Ninja 1k which appear to have these aftermarket rear sets and rider foot pegs. They are adjustable but appear to be on the lowest setting. I was wondering if anyone would know how the peg height would compare to the factory settings. I was hoping to try to figure out a way to lower the pegs a tad, but don't know of anything that would work with these aftermarket rear sets.

Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Engine Disc brake

Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Engine

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Reactions: OCNinja and RobF
#3 ·
I cannot tell on the photo of the left side if it has a hole as seen in the right side. This looks like maybe a lower and back hole for the peg......

Reactions: OCNinja
#4 ·
I appreciate the info. Those holes pointed out don't appear to be threaded so I'm not sure if they would be an alternative place to mount the peg. The pegs don't appear to be bolted from the back so I'm assuming they thread into the rear set. I'll have to tear it all all apart to investigate further. I'm wondering if there are any pegs with an integrated drop that might fit into those holes or if I could use something like pictured below. Might be more trouble than finding some OEM rear sets and pegs. Thanks again.

#5 · (Edited)
Stock would move the pegs up. Is that what you are trying to do?

For the most part, you cant really start moving the pegs much more than the rearset will allow because the shift lever, and brake lever have to stay in a functional spot in order to use them. Even if you could move the peg 25mm back, the brake lever has to be able to follow. The shift lever, too. That's why the rearsets, any brand, dont let you move the pegs THAT much, if that makes sense? If you end up shortening the brake lever, it messes up the feel of the rear brake. Not that it's great to begin with.

The peg will have a bolt that is from the backside. It wont thread into the rearset as it wouldnt have any strength without a steel bolt holding it in palce.

#6 ·
No, I was trying to lower the pegs a bit to gain some extra leg room. A bike I test rode had some Motowerks lowering blocks installed and I really liked the feel of that setup. I'll plan on taking these apart too see if there is any more adjustabilty. I appreciate the info.

Dave

#9 ·
If the brake lever is still bothering you, it's not difficult to raise it from where it's at, now. Lower might be an issue, though.

There is also the alternate hole for the lower portion of the master cylinder. I cant tell if that would move the pedal up, or down.. The brake pedal tip would also move to the hole that would make it feel shorter than it is, right now.

There is a rod that is in the bottom of the master cylinder. Right now, that is adjusted to a very short position. Making it longer will raise the tip of the brake pedal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.