Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have a Tiger 800XC now and its really comfortable. I have it modded just right and like the triple. Buddy picked up an FZ1 and I am thinking of going back a bit to my sportbike roots. I have test ridden the N1K and liked it a bunch. The leg room and wind management would be a step back for sure. Looking at the lowering blocks and bigger screen that does not have the pope hat look. I have a MadStad system on my Tiger and it is amazing. Anyone try a Madstad on the N1K?

Background on me, I am old guy 53 but ridden all my life. Had many bikes, raced MX when younger, then matured into single track riding, and sportbikes. I had a VFR back in 04,and put in a late night (drunk) stupid low ebay bid on a new 600RR and woke up the next day owning one. Took it to the track and fell in love, so proceeded to do 2 years of track track days and 6 years of road racing. Over that time I had three R6's 2 600RRs and we did a endurance team on a Ninja 250 for fun. I hung up the leathers in 2010 and got a Husky 610 (great Colorado mountain assault bike). Sold it and my RM465 Vintage racer this winter. I am down to the 800XC, KDX200 Zuma50/70 and a Transalp.

Any thoughts on the windscreen would be welcome as I like max wind management when doing long runs. Across Kansas in the summer comes to mind.... I a 6'1 w 32" inseam.

thanks all

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome. Can't help you with the Madsted on an N1K. Have one on my V-Strom and love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any thoughts on the windscreen would be welcome as I like max wind management when doing long runs. Across Kansas in the summer comes to mind.... I a 6'1 w 32" inseam.

thanks all
I'll sell you my FJR if you want a great bike for crossing Kansas ;-)

To be honest ... unless you're willing to endure helmet buffetting or "pope-hat" ugliness, you may be out of luck regarding shields. I've had good luck with National's VStream on prior machines:

Search Results

but not on the N1K. From my experience with other small bikes (VFR and SV650), you can get some additional wind coverage, but it will result in increased noise, bufetting, and questionable looks. In the end I opted to keep the stock N1K shield and focus on the riding gear instead.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
It is funny how they do it on the sport bikes, and well group the Ninja 1000 here. The fairing si there, for sure, but it does not do much. Even the Concours 14, and it smiles of plastic, is not near as effective for wind management as an old Vetter faiirng.

So, yea. The ninja 1000 has a fairing...let just not talk abotu it....Its nto a highlight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts