Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Ninja 1000 no TC non ABS

I just got this bike and when I test rode it everything was fine. However, after I bought it and rode away then the issues started. When I accelerated it wouldn’t go above 7-8k and no matter how far I pulled the throttle, nothing, and sometimes it would start to die when I pulled the throttle. While cruising at freeway speeds, if I pulled the throttle at all it would accelerate a little bit or lose power. Sometimes it would lose power so bad I had to pull of to the side of the road. When it was really bad I would let the bike sit for 15-20 minutes and then it would act more normal. If I very slowly roll on the throttle it will accelerate normally. I let the bike sit for a week and when I got back on, it was perfectly fine, no issues I could do wheelies with ease. Then while on the freeway I wanted to test it, so I downshifted a couple gears and opened up the throttle, after returning to cruising speed the issue returned. The previous owner claims he had the clutch replaced just shortly before I bought it. I put a new air filter (oem), new spark plugs, put some Seafoam through the fuel system twice, and changed the oil with Kawasaki’s 10w-40 stuff. Not sure what’s going on…

1 - 1 of 1 Posts