Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to call a rain out this morning and before I was able to leave at 10:30 it stopped. Bad thing is my truck is filthy, but the good is I was able to put down about 350 miles on the bike this after noon.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Had to call a rain out this morning and before I was able to leave at 10:30 it stopped. Bad thing is my truck is filthy, but the good is I was able to put down about 350 miles on the bike this after noon.
Nice, looks like a desert your riding in there avintage, is that the general landscape in your area of texas, must be close to new mexico border, Hobbs New Mexico, your going to keep on fooling around out there and get a UFO following you around lol, did youever discuss with your lovely bride about comming back out here this fall?

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Mark59. No I live in East Texas and it's called the pinewood of Texas. Where I'm working at right now is South of Odessa in West Texas and Hobbs New Mexico is about 2 hrs away. Were I was born is 30 minutes North of Hobbs though so I made a trip out of it.
As for this being desert-ish you are correct. Very dry, mainly flat and the roads are straight for miles. Great for top speed but no good for anything else.
As for the wife this fall she is game but I have to finish this project first and they are so far behind turning stuff over to me it's not even funny. They even asked here if I could just heat trace the straight pipe and wait on the 90s and flanges cause they had to xray and possibly cut out a lot of welds. I laughed but they were serious so I worked up an estimate for the change order of 112'000. They laughed then and I didn't. So we're still waiting on the big runs.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
@Mark59. No I live in East Texas and it's called the pinewood of Texas. Where I'm working at right now is South of Odessa in West Texas and Hobbs New Mexico is about 2 hrs away. Were I was born is 30 minutes North of Hobbs though so I made a trip out of it.
As for this being desert-ish you are correct. Very dry, mainly flat and the roads are straight for miles. Great for top speed but no good for anything else.
As for the wife this fall she is game but I have to finish this project first and they are so far behind turning stuff over to me it's not even funny. They even asked here if I could just heat trace the straight pipe and wait on the 90s and flanges cause they had to xray and possibly cut out a lot of welds. I laughed but they were serious so I worked up an estimate for the change order of 112'000. They laughed then and I didn't. So we're still waiting on the big runs.
Money has away of changing things lol, i know first hand how these companies act like their broke. Ps i thought you looked like you had a little allien in your blood lmao just kidding

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
It's funy how they are broke, right up until it's an engineer, or planner who looks bad from running behind....suddenly, money appears and you change your shipping default to "next day air, am delivery"...and halfway consider "same day air service." Houston to salt lake does have that service, with ups.....

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today the customer relieved the main contractor of there duties here. 2 months behind and 9 million over buget. Not that I'm saying it didn't need to be done but it still has an effect on moral when it happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts