Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how much you guys love the stock horn. Its made to not offend a opposed to making noise, I think.

This could be mod, one. No changes to bike.

Stock horn mounts with one 10mm nut, and this bolts in to the same place. It takes maybe 2min, at most.

Its buried under the front fairing, but still pretty easy to do.

You wont see it when your done, but its a lot better than stock. I used this specific model. Its 14.00 here, which is pretty expensive. Ebay can save a buck, or two.

Its not a full air horn kit, but its not bad at all.

http://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-Freeway-Blaster-Horn/dp/B000DINKPQ

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know how much you guys love the stock horn. Its made to not offend a opposed to making noise, I think.

Stock horn mounts with one 10mm nut, and this bolts in to the same place. It takes maybe 2min, at most.

You wont see it when your done, but its a lot better than stock. I used this specific model. Its 14.00 here, which is pretty expensive. Ebay can save a buck, or two.

RC.... Thanks for this as I have been wanting to do this. Its that simple...plug and play? existing wiring and fuse is compatible?
thx.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Great tip, thanks rcannon. The Bosch looks good too... more expensive though

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Yep, I've used that exact horn. Wire it to a relay and it'll really sing!

I've also used the Wolo branded one, and a Blazer branded horn, they all look alike to that one, and they've all worked very well. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all the same exact horn, just with different blister cards and stickers.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RC.... Thanks for this as I have been wanting to do this. Its that simple...plug and play? existing wiring and fuse is compatible?
thx.

You cna get as complicated as you want, but yes, that is all.

Remove one nut, and slide off two wires. Stock horn is out.

This new one mounts the same way, so it wont take even five minutes to complete.

The concours 14 was a different story....I finally finished, but had removed the right side of the bike before I was done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You cna get as complicated as you want, but yes, that is all.

Remove one nut, and slide off two wires. Stock horn is out.

This new one mounts the same way, so it wont take even five minutes to complete.

The concours 14 was a different story....I finally finished, but had removed the right side of the bike before I was done.
thx. rc

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you guys try this.

Reason being is I want a report on how it works, overall.

Yes.....this is to the question of "do they hear me"

Im not so sure as to if this is a great idea. I've honked it and had people look way past me because it sounds like a car, not a motorcycle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had this horn for a few years and love it.

I've got braided brake lines on my bike and the front is dials from MC down to wheel. I guess those stiff lines have been putting some pressure on the horn in turns (?), there's plenty slack so not binding at all. Anyways, I moved my bike last night and heard a clunk. Looked to find my horn bracket had broken in two around the hole the horn was mounted in.

Maybe it was the brake lines, maybe just vibration? Just something to keep an eye on, would suck if it happened out on the road somewhere.

I dug around the scrap pile and made a thicker one.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wolo (315-2T) Loud One Horn - 12 Volt, High Tone from Amazon.

Took a couple hours to design a mount strategy, but it fit without touching anything and is a huge improvement.
Just wish I could have fit the Low Tone in there too.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm other yang on that..

I have this horn on both bikes now.. major improvement, for cheap. What are they, maybe 12.00 if you don't look very hard?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Denelli Sound bomb mini is a perfect replacement. No need of any modifications. The Horn just fits in the same slot as the original. It's just plug and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's nice to see that there are options for better horns out there, but I have NEVER EVER used a horn on my bike. I am fortunate enough to live in an area without a lot of traffic- in what circumstances do you a find horn to be of value?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
It's nice to see that there are options for better horns out there, but I have NEVER EVER used a horn on my bike. I am fortunate enough to live in an area without a lot of traffic- in what circumstances do you a find horn to be of value?
Usually by the time I've used my horn it's after I've reacted to the situation. Most common problem is people pulling across lanes in front of me or merging into my lane, and I use it to let them know that I was there and they weren't looking. Otherwise they'll most likely assume I was doing something illegal and they were in the right.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Denelli Sound bomb mini is a perfect replacement. No need of any modifications. The Horn just fits in the same slot as the original. It's just plug and play.
I've never paid attention to where the horn is located, but two shops have told me that neither of the two air horns I had purchased would fit. How much Tupperware needs to be removed for this one?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Many times on country twisty back roads, I've had a car/pickup at a side road or driveway creeping out, driver looking the opposite way as I'm coming. A blast of a LOUD *** horn stops them in their tracks and their head whips around to see me coming where it just sounded like a dump truck.

·
Registered
454 Posts

just ordered one for myself....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Haven't eaten yet today.... tried the install... dropped the effing washer 8x and the nut about 20.... giving up for now... Will try again later...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts