Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may have seen my 3D Printed Parts post trying to get ideas for parts members want that aren't readily available in the aftermarket world. Here is the first product of that!

Please ignore my messy garage. :crying:

ABS plastic handle deletes:
• OEM fitment
• All hardware included; just re-use the spacers between handle and bike frame
• 1.5 pound weight reduction per side
• Multiple finish options available
• Custom design available – extra cost involved
• Built to order
• It takes 20 hours to print a set so lead time will be at least 2 days pending finish options and order placement
$55 priority shipped to the lower 48 – international will require extra cost to ship

Attachments

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the different finish types that I'll provide:

2, 3, 4 will require additional lead time to prep and paint before shipping

1. Unfinished with light sanding – Smooth out the rough edges
2. Unfinished painted – Light sanding as number 1, 2 layers of black paint, 2 layers of clear coat
3. Sanded with Bondo putty – Will result in smooth finish once painted
4. Bondo putty with paint – 2 layers of black paint, 2 layers of clear coat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can't figure out how to edit my first post. Price is actually $53.35. I will cover the 3% PayPal fee.

·
Premium Member
13,745 Posts
I'm looking forward to painting mine...it's pretty cool. I think I have cdg's prototype block off's and I'll have an early set of laxdnfs as well. When these guys are discovered, I'll list them with a big auction house, and $$$$$$$$$.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Running into some technical difficulties, see pic below. Troubleshooting the issue, and I'm hoping it's not with the actual printer itself. It's offsetting the layers after a certain height.

Attachments

·
Administrator
422 Posts
So I can't figure out how to edit my first post. Price is actually $53.35. I will cover the 3% PayPal fee.
Fixed this for ya.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If not I totally understand, but would you be willing to share the model? I have a printer myself.

Again if you don't want to that's totally fine and I understand, you spent time making the model and if you want to be compensated for it that is fine, just figured it can't hurt to ask.

Also do you know if they would fit the third gen? I think I remember reading that they should in another thread but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Also do you know if they would fit the third gen? I think I remember reading that they should in another thread but I'm not positive.

No reason they would not fit the 3rd gen as the ones I developed for my 2012 fit my 2017. Only issue is that you will have a couple of holes toward the rear of the tail where the grab rails mount. They are about 1" square. I just cut some high density foam and fit them in to the holes so no water gets up in to your subframe

·
Premium Member
13,745 Posts
I have a set of CDG's prototype handle deletes. Serial number 000000000001.

I will open bidding at $45,000 plus 10% auction fee.

If you use these, on the 14 and newer bikes, what do you do with the rear section of the mount, or does it even show?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If not I totally understand, but would you be willing to share the model? I have a printer myself.

Again if you don't want to that's totally fine and I understand, you spent time making the model and if you want to be compensated for it that is fine, just figured it can't hurt to ask.

Sent you a pm.

I designed this for an '11. I have no idea if it'll fit the newer models. If someone is near Memphis or Nashville I can run out to you to meet and test them/maybe forget they're on your bike :grin:.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sent you a pm.

I designed this for an '11. I have no idea if it'll fit the newer models. If someone is near Memphis or Nashville I can run out to you to meet and test them/maybe forget they're on your bike :grin:.
I will be out in Nashville this weekend. My dad just bought a 17. I unfortunately will not have the bike with me but could definitely test fit them for you when I get back. We live up in Indiana.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
If anyone wants to see what they look like installed on a 2nd gen., here you go.

I bought a rattle can of flat black and put four coats on each. And since the washers were unpainted, I sprayed those, too (the allen bolts were already black).

Thanks, Chris!

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Still looking forward to the swingarm protectors 👍

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are the different finish types that I'll provide:

2, 3, 4 will require additional lead time to prep and paint before shipping

1. Unfinished with light sanding – Smooth out the rough edges
2. Unfinished painted – Light sanding as number 1, 2 layers of black paint, 2 layers of clear coat
3. Sanded with Bondo putty – Will result in smooth finish once painted
4. Bondo putty with paint – 2 layers of black paint, 2 layers of clear coat.
I need a set in black for grab rail delete. 2019 ninja 1000. Can you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of you may have seen my 3D Printed Parts post trying to get ideas for parts members want that aren't readily available in the aftermarket world. Here is the first product of that!

Please ignore my messy garage. :crying:

ABS plastic handle deletes:
• OEM fitment
• All hardware included; just re-use the spacers between handle and bike frame
• 1.5 pound weight reduction per side
• Multiple finish options available
• Custom design available – extra cost involved
• Built to order
• It takes 20 hours to print a set so lead time will be at least 2 days pending finish options and order placement
$53.35 priority shipped to the lower 48 – international will require extra cost to ship
Do you still have these available? I would like to buy them asap. Thank you. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,745 Posts
I know you are not here as often as you were, but you can feel 100,% confident in buying accessories from Laxdfns15. He's a stand up guy and you'll get whatever he says you will.

When I bought mine, he sent a picture of my plates "growing up" on his 3d printer. This caused some strange emotional bond with my plates. If I ever sell my bike, the plates would stay with me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts