Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....been renting/testing a few motorcycles last year and it has pulled me right in. Proud owner of a N1K SX 2021 performance tourer. Had it for 2 months, 3200km later (1988miles), I am scanning the discussion boards whether my tire might be up for replacing already :oops:

At 6'2 and 50+ everybody expected me to buy a BMW 1250 GS which is the most sold motorbike around here. But with the countless twisty roads of the Swiss Alp on my doorstep and little to none dirt roads, I wanted it to be sporty and fit for touring - and yes - I love the N1K all the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Enjoy the bike. Here in CT I ride a 2018 N1K myself. I was looking through the adv trend and really liked the riding position but the adv "look" just isnt my style. The N1K fit perfectly. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
422 Posts
You just had to rub it in about being close to the Swiss Alps. Just kidding

Funny about the GS because I fit in that age group and love the look of it. I'm jealous of the amount of lean angle you can carry on that. But, I get it that it can be a poser bike for some.

Welcome back, welcome to the forum and congratulations

·
Registered
711 Posts
SkiMoto, you must be considered a bit of a rebel in Switzerland then, LOL! The GS as well as the N1K are great bikes in their own right, one rides what 'fits' one the best!

And 3200km on the tyre is roughly half the life that you should realistically be getting from it. More so when you have mountains all around! You may need to check your suspension settings, too softly sprung perhaps.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome and good for you.

I think folks gravitate toward the GS, to some degree, for the same reason that Harleys are so popular here in the US. They see their buddies ride them, so that's what they get. Herd mentality, to put it bluntly. There is definitely comfort in numbers. And there is some tangible benefit too. If your bike has trouble, your buddies are familiar with it and might be able to help out.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike. it really is a great all around road bike capable of touring as well as ripping through the twisties. I am in the same boat as you.......just over 6 foot tall and turning 60 this year but still enjoying the Ninja 1000.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What no KTM? What kind of Swiss guy are you?? Oh, one that gets a good value for your Francs :)
Haha, KTM drivers here are kind of 20 years younger than me,but why not. Ducati Diavel was actually on my radar. Beautiful bike, but all that torque…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome and congrats on the bike. it really is a great all around road bike capable of touring as well as ripping through the twisties. I am in the same boat as you.......just over 6 foot tall and turning 60 this year but still enjoying the Ninja 1000.
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkiMoto, you must be considered a bit of a rebel in Switzerland then, LOL! The GS as well as the N1K are great bikes in their own right, one rides what 'fits' one the best!

And 3200km on the tyre is roughly half the life that you should realistically be getting from it. More so when you have mountains all around! You may need to check your suspension settings, too softly sprung perhaps.
😂 rebel it is then. Thanks for the hint re suspension, will check-in with the mechanic.

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
Welcome, I just bought mine around the same time. It's a performant and practical bike. I love it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Haha, KTM drivers here are kind of 20 years younger than me,but why not. Ducati Diavel was actually on my radar. Beautiful bike, but all that torque…
Congrats on the N1K! I too have a '21 model, and love it as well. Gotta admit, though, the Ducati XDiavel S is my dream bike. I just can't justify spending that kind of cash though. Perhaps if the rumors about a Kawasaki Vulcan H2 are true......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts