Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Versys 650, (Past 2021 N1K SX SE, 2022 Z900RS, )
126 Posts
What a beat up media release for a click bait non story. Not by Matt of course, but NOTHING is new about this so called '2023' model.
It's identical in appearance and nothing mentioned as new, compared to the 2021 real upgrade.
Lets hope more will be 'new' on the 11/07/22 release. Like three more shades of Metallic Black duco !!!

Rob..

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Great article. They do a good job of describing the changes made in 2020 and it's talking about the bikes release, in Japan

If it has one less muffler, we will be down to zero. Who writes this stuff, or is it just computer generated content?

I think we will get a new color, and that's it. If it was a big reveal, they would wait until September.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What a beat up media release for a click bait non story. Not by Matt of course, but NOTHING is new about this so called '2023' model.
It's identical in appearance and nothing mentioned as new, compared to the 2021 real upgrade.
Lets hope more will be 'new' on the 11/07/22 release. Like three more shades of Metallic Black duco !!!

Rob..
Have not even seen included usb port which in 2023 should be standard

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
That usb port probably makes sense, but Kawasaki has kept the price of this bike very reasonable. List price for my 2012, non abs, non traction control, non tft dash bike was 11,999.

If they kept the bike the same, it should cost 15,000 by 2023 instead of 13,100.

The USB port isnt expensive, the heated grips are not that expensive, but they will do anything they can to keep the price as low as possible.

Back in 1998, one of their dirt bike test riders earned a nice bonus when he mentioned how wasteful it was to attach a blue sticker to the yz250's numberplate. The plate color for the 250 class was white, so the blue decal had to be removed to race the bike.

The sticker was only .40 cents. Times 50,000 that was a decent amount of money. With the sticker removed, Yamaha no longer had to apply them in production. They also didnt need to stock that sticker in their parts system. The overall savings on a cheap part was massive..

Kawasaki sells the USB port for 125.00. That means they spend about 25.00-30.00 for each one. Saving 25.00, per bike would probably be enough to where Kawasaki made a statue of you with birds crapping on your head for the next 25 years

·
Registered
43 Posts
That usb port probably makes sense, but Kawasaki has kept the price of this bike very reasonable. List price for my 2012, non abs, non traction control, non tft dash bike was 11,999.

If they kept the bike the same, it should cost 15,000 by 2023 instead of 13,100.

The USB port isnt expensive, the heated grips are not that expensive, but they will do anything they can to keep the price as low as possible.

Back in 1998, one of their dirt bike test riders earned a nice bonus when he mentioned how wasteful it was to attach a blue sticker to the yz250's numberplate. The plate color for the 250 class was white, so the blue decal had to be removed to race the bike.

The sticker was only .40 cents. Times 50,000 that was a decent amount of money. With the sticker removed, Yamaha no longer had to apply them in production. They also didnt need to stock that sticker in their parts system. The overall savings on a cheap part was massive..

Kawasaki sells the USB port for 54.95. That means they spend about 12.00 for each one. Saving 12.00, per bike would probably be enough to where Kawasaki made a statue of you with birds crapping on your head for the next 25 years
I agree. It would be damning the Ninja with faint praise to state that its price is its best feature, but it's the only bike I've ever bought whose price actually was good news.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts