Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for new gloves and the options seem to be endless. As a rider what are your favorite gloves for summer and year-round riding?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The only gloves I'll buy. Fantastic quality and fit at a way lower price than Dainese, Alpinestars, etc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been searching for new gloves and the options seem to be endless. As a rider what are your favorite gloves for summer and year-round riding?
I have two pairs. For really short rides I just wear a pair of Mechanix Impact gloves. Not ideal, I know. If I'm going more than around the block I have a pair of Sedici Niccolo gloves that I love. They're stinkin hot for summer riding, but I have full confidence in their protection and comfort.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
No matter what, try to avoid anything that has nylon on it, for street riding. Offroad, it's no big deal.

The gloves are supposed to protect your hands, right? That's the point if wearing them. We will hope no one crashes, but if the nylon glove happens to slide, on pavement, it gets hot and burns into your skin. You dont have to be going fast for this to happen. 20 or 30 will do it. Then again, 20 or 30 sounds slow until your body is at 20 or 30, sliding on the ground. At that point, its fast.

I know that a persons hands are probably the last of your worries, after a crash, but it sucks when they have to clean the nylon out of the hand. It hurts and leaves scars. It made me feel stupid because a pair of the 5.00 garden gloves would have offered better protection.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The only gloves I'll buy. Fantastic quality and fit at a way lower price than Dainese, Alpinestars, etc.

I could not agree more. Racer gloves are all I will wear. My High Racer gloves are eight years old and still holding up very well.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
Alpinestars and Dainese ... and you won't go wrong.
Pick the ones for your season.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Aerostitch Deerskin gloves with gauntlets most of the time. Tourmaster Airflow gloves when it gets really hot.

I like deerskin and goatskin gloves because they can get wet and don't dry stiff like cow leather. Generally they're a bit thinner as well. The Airflow gloves are a compromise to comfort. Leather palms and mesh back.

Reactions: arthury

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
159 Posts
Dainese Mig C2 for warm, Astar SPZ Dry star for cold/wet. The Astars haven't seem much action since I moved to California. They're so far the only glove I've found where you don't pull the inner liner out if your hands are sweaty and have to spend 20min at the gas station stabbing the fingers back in with a pen.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Burt, thanks for posting the link. I ordered a set since they still had 2xl for sale. I wish I could go in and pick them up. Iron Pony is the most incredible shop I've ever been in.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yep, at that price I ordered a set also. It's hard to find gloves in 2XL quite often. Thanks Burt. I'm sure @Rock will be in here soon to comment on people having big hands. Held are nice gloves also, and same here I switched to Racer.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
57x, for me, it's more like god was having fun and said, "You know what would be fun? Let's make it difficult for him to buy gloves, but offer nothing in return."

All I ended up with was an endless opportunity to buy heavily discounted gloves, and zero chance of replacing John Holmes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I usually buy what's on sale when I need a pair. It has to be leather and full gauntlet. I need to prevent sunburn on my wrists during 14 hour days. Hard knuckles are a plus. A little warm but still doable on 100 degree days as long as you're moving.

My current set..

·
Registered
711 Posts
We have predominantly hot weather here so I wear short cuff, ventilated leather gloves. Gloves (and helmets, sigh!) have such an individualistic fit… the width vs length of your palm, the length of the fingers, the relative size of each finger… it’s a nightmare getting the right fit! I’m the happiest with the Clover (Italian brand, great quality) and Furygan fit. Any of their short cuff gloves fit me, well, like a glove.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dakota Gel Cell Work Pro Series, $35.00 at Mark's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve now had about 3 or 4 pairs of the Alpinstars SMX-1 Air v2 gloves. Perfect for most weather other than freezing temps. And offer too protection with decent airflow. Can pick em up for about $60.

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
I just received my Alpinestars Highlands ... not shabby in fairly hot weather. Vented quite well.
Good looking, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts