Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

Registered
Since this thread kinda turned into a VFR fest, I'll toss mine in.

As for the 2021 N1k color schemes... meh from me. A good bit of the green look to be stickers like on 2020. I would love to see one sprayed liberally with the same emerald blaze green, like on the H2 SX, but it would seem that Kawi is reserving that premium color for premium models.

Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
View attachment 29763

As for the 2021 N1k color schemes... meh from me. A good bit of the green look to be stickers like on 2020. I would love to see one sprayed liberally with the same emerald blaze green, like on the H2 SX, but it would seem that Kawi is reserving that premium color for premium models.
Gorgeous.

Registered

Registered
You beat me too it Newone. My dealer just updated me with confirming the New colours as well & will be arriving in 2 weeks.
So it looks like I鈥檓 getting a all black/grey. Can鈥檛 see any hints of green on the new one. Can anyone find other images of these new colours ? I can鈥檛 seem to.
I guess with the green rim tape & green strip on the KQR bags, it should look pretty good.

Registered
You do know that the 2 links I put up are videos you can play which show quite a bit of both colours don鈥檛 you ?

So, are you going ahead with the green? I actually like it better than the full green. I wished the black, had a bit of green on it & not just full black.

Registered
You do know that the 2 links I put up are videos you can play which show quite a bit of both colours don鈥檛 you ?

So, are you going ahead with the green? I actually like it better than the full green. I wished the black, had a bit of green on it & not just full black.
Yes thanks....we went to the dealer and i decided to go for the green and black one. True...a bit of color on the black would have been nice like the 2020 black

Registered
Have a look at this Newone. Gives you a 360 degree look at your colour.

Registered
Interesting to not bring colors to certain parts of the world when it's already being produced. I don't understand the strategy at all. More color options means more potential customers no? I dunno.
The strategy is almost for sure because the U.S. is a fairly small market for the bike, and not offering choices makes it easier to stock one or two bikes. The dealer does not have to guess at which color the next potential buyer who walks in the door will be looking for.

Registered
View attachment 29763

Actually, now I think about it, I don't think we got that colour here in Australia. I know we had Red, and maybe a Grey. It's more like the Gen 5 blue, rather than my own Gen 6 Purple Blue.

(just to bring the thread back to VFRs..)

Registered
Actually, now I think about it, I don't think we got that colour here in Australia. I know we had Red, and maybe a Grey. It's more like the Gen 5 blue, rather than my own Gen 6 Purple Blue.

(just to bring the thread back to VFRs..)
I've seen that purple blue in pics. Gorgeous color.

7th gen was a dismal sales failure here in the US. 2010 (Candy Prominence Red) was 1st year of production, so there were a lot more of them imported. I had one for more than 5yrs. Lots of them sat brand new on showroom floors for 2yrs or more. Honda didn't even bother to import any 2011 model year. 2012 (Candy Tahitian Blue) and 2013 (Darkness Black) were slightly upgraded with TC and trip computers, but Honda didn't bring too many to the US, knowing they won't sell well. I managed to find a prestine condition 2012 in Denver, Colorado with less than 500 miles on the clock back in 2018 and just had to get it.

Sporty tourers don't sell any more here. Riders have gravitated to adv tourers. Only the strongest sellers with the widest appeal survive the cut, and the N1k is one of them.

Registered
I heard one of the factories talk about how expensive it was to store spare body work for the various colors. It also took up a bunch of space. If you go back to the first gen 2011-2016 ninja 1000, Kawasaki would have to stock body panels, and fuel tanks, for black, red, candy green, silver, white, blue, spark black and solid black. I might have missed a color. For the 2020 bike they stock black....

Registered
I've seen that purple blue in pics. Gorgeous color.

7th gen was a dismal sales failure here in the US. 2010 (Candy Prominence Red) was 1st year of production, so there were a lot more of them imported. I had one for more than 5yrs. Lots of them sat brand new on showroom floors for 2yrs or more. Honda didn't even bother to import any 2011 model year. 2012 (Candy Tahitian Blue) and 2013 (Darkness Black) were slightly upgraded with TC and trip computers, but Honda didn't bring too many to the US, knowing they won't sell well. I managed to find a prestine condition 2012 in Denver, Colorado with less than 500 miles on the clock back in 2018 and just had to get it.

Sporty tourers don't sell any more here. Riders have gravitated to adv tourers. Only the strongest sellers with the widest appeal survive the cut, and the N1k is one of them.
It was same here - didn't sell well (the small tank didn't help).

And as you say, most of the rider who used to buy Sports Tourers moved to Adventure Tourers (blasted Ewan....)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts