Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Eni and I got new ninja less than a month ago.

I havent even finished the break in period and after finishing cleaning and lubing my chain at around 800km, I switched on the bike moved to the 6th gear on the service stand and after the warm up, just gave the bike some gas up to 80-90 kmh, slowly ofcourse, to see if i had to much lube on the chain. On the 2nd run this warning messages started flashing on the screen. I switched it off, then back on. and the warning messages still there, everything seems to work fine with the throttle.

Anyone has any idea?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's because it's on the stand. Messing with your ABS and traction control.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Putting the bike in gear and running it on the stand can mess with the electronics for TC. If you can not clear the code the dealer can do it for you and you should be fine after.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Putting the bike in gear and running it on the stand can mess with the electronics for TC. If you can not clear the code the dealer can do it for you and you should be fine after.
My 2017 N1K has not gone bonkers when I put it on a stand and get the rear wheel spinning... The ABS light is on, but no flashing lights so far... Has that changed with the 2020s and later bikes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot, we'll see how it goes after the weather clears up, maybe just false error like you say.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2017 N1K has not gone bonkers when I put it on a stand and get the rear wheel spinning... The ABS light is on, but no flashing lights so far... Has that changed with the 2020s and later bikes?
well the check engine light remains on, so I would really like to know if the there is a method to make the code appear on the Odometer display like in the previous models.

either button pressed for 2 sec or longer didnt show anything or both of them simultaneously.....

had this thing happen to me once on the Z900, but it came out to be a bad fuel in the system 🤔

·
Registered
870 Posts
ECU getting a speed signal from the rear wheel but no front wheel signal makes it thinks something is wrong with the front wheel speed signal chain.

BTW, you shouldn't need to run the bike at all on the stand to check if you over-lubed your chain. After you apply the lube and hand spin it a round or two slow, you are supposed to wipe most of the lube off. The chain only needs a thin film of lube. It is there as much for corrosion resistance as it is for actual lubrication. The lube that actually do the main job of lubing the chain links are under the o-rings.

Any more lube than necessary on the outer surfaces, it is just going to fling all over the place and attract dirt and form grime. I've had new-to-me bikes where, upon opening up the front sprocket cover, I find a caked on a disgusting mess of grime I had to clean off. Too many riders spray a s**t ton of lube on the chain and just let it be.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
870 Posts
well the check engine light remains on, so I would really like to know if the there is a method to make the code appear on the Odometer display like in the previous models.

either button pressed for 2 sec or longer didnt show anything or both of them simultaneously.....

had this thing happen to me once on the Z900, but it came out to be a bad fuel in the system 🤔
I don't recognize your national flag, but you might try to see if you can source one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082MMNL78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It'll let you hook up any OBDII reader and clear the fault codes. It's worth the money just for that.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't recognize your national flag, but you might try to see if you can source one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082MMNL78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It'll let you hook up any OBDII reader and clear the fault codes. It's worth the money just for that.
No stress, its just this dumbass country in the Balkans called Albania xP
As per the lubing of the chain, just wanted to be sure as always that it isnt thrown on the wheel thats all, plus i've done this quite a lot so I doubt its the electronics part....

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ahh... got it. I wish the national flag icons are a little larger, so we can make out more than just ones with simple stripes.

BTW, I've seen some sceneries from your corner of Europe, and some of the roads and mountain passes there are breathtakingly epic. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh... got it. I wish the national flag icons are a little larger, so we can make out more than just ones with simple stripes.

BTW, I've seen some sceneries from your corner of Europe, and some of the roads and mountain passes there are breathtakingly epic. (y)
This is all I can offer for now and this is a 80-90 km trip mountain road with this view on both sides

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Eni and I got new ninja less than a month ago.

I havent even finished the break in period and after finishing cleaning and lubing my chain at around 800km, I switched on the bike moved to the 6th gear on the service stand and after the warm up, just gave the bike some gas up to 80-90 kmh, slowly ofcourse, to see if i had to much lube on the chain. On the 2nd run this warning messages started flashing on the screen. I switched it off, then back on. and the warning messages still there, everything seems to work fine with the throttle.

Anyone has any idea?

View attachment 31450
Before you bring it to the dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Before you bring it to the dealer
Turn everything off traction control Power modes Etc. Disconnect your battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery start the bike reset the modes and see what you've got! Just for a heads up my friend lost a finger wiping off the excess of chain lube, just the tip but still, be smart

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Turn everything off traction control Power modes Etc. Disconnect your battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery start the bike reset the modes and see what you've got! Just for a heads up my friend lost a finger wiping off the excess of chain lube, just the tip but still, be smart
Well FALSE Alarm, I get on the bike today, ride it for about 40-50 km with 3 stops after the 3rd time switching it on, the warnings are gone, the KQS and KIBS are back to normal. What I noticed during the time the warning were on the screen is that the bike was on Full Power and no TC, but ABS was working!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had an issue with alarms caused by a stupid trick a service department caused. After three rides and shutdowns, all was cured. Glad yours also were reset.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After the source of the error is resolved, it takes 3 times of starting, then riding at least 10 miles. Upon the 4th startup, the light stays off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts