Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took enough of the fairing out to get a look at the wiring, and attach the DC outlet to the factory hole. Now, where in the hell does this plug in. I found two open plugs, but they don't fit the plug on the DC adapter. Below I circled the topmost plug. Where should this go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
the one you have circled is used for heated grips. there is another one just like it up higher in fairing, kind of between the cover over where the 12v plug installs and the bikes display screen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the one you have circled is used for heated grips. there is another one just like it up higher in fairing, kind of between the cover over where the 12v plug installs and the bikes display screen
Are the two the same or are they specific to the part? I see what you wrote now and just realized that after I plugged it in, I have no power to it. That would seem to point to being plugged into the wrong receptacle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are the two the same or are they specific to the part? I see what you wrote now and just realized that after I plugged it in, I have no power to it. That would seem to point to being plugged into the wrong receptacle.
Both plugs are the same and both are powered on with key. I added both the 12v power and heated grips on my 2020

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well crap. A simple plug is pretty hard to screw up. I wonder why I'm not getting power. I better rule out the $5 Amazon adapter.

·
Registered
23 Posts

works great due to the light, i use this for short rides.

I use that one on long rides and since its red I cant miss it when I get off for a while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That top one is the one I bought. I have no light and no power coming through the usb with the bike running.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I tried the DC plug in on my car, and still no power. Looks like a got a bad one. Just ordered a new one from a different brand. Hopefully it will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts