Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need one. Why can't they make **** for this bike or a damper come standard. 14000$ and can't get steering damper on a 1000cc...

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Need one. Why can't they make **** for this bike or a damper come standard. 14000$ and can't get steering damper on a 1000cc...
Did you ever get the steering dampner figured out??

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
466 Posts
There are a couple of solutions available. The most popular is the GPR V5.

Here is the link. GPR V5

There used to be another kit made by a company in Taiwan, which may be problematic for a resident of China.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had multiple bikes with(GPR) and without steering dampers and my 1000SX is honestly the first bike that I have had that I didn't feel needed one.

I have had it at 140mph on the front strait at VIR, which is actually curved and the bike felt very planted, with no head shake.

That being said, If there was a more affordable damper that mounted on the underside vs taking up so much real estate on the top side, I might be more inclined to getting one for the peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
Someone needs to take Firemans idea. Hide the damper within the plastic and have remote controls for it up on the bars. Probably expensive, but seriously cool.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
i have a steering ampner for my 1000sx - not installed yet - Kawasaki looked at it and all will line up .

OHLINS dampner and a mounting kit from Taiwan - if your interested in more information let me know.

Its unexpected that OHLINS does not make a mounting kit - I was surprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts