Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do the rear sets on the 2020 suck balls... Seems to, why do they have soooo much play in them. My feet rest here and essentially my body weight at times. Feels like I'm gonna break this wobbly turd.... Will replace ASAP WITH NEW

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
They are rubber mounted. Not one of my favorite features either. Z 1000 rearsets will bolt right on, and look like the stock parts. Before I bought anything, I found a bunch of IKEA furniture washers . They happened to be the perfect size to fir the rearsets rubber mounts. If I stacked them on the mounting bolts, it tightened them up enough to live with.

Most people like the feature. Very few ever complain.

·
Registered
316 Posts
took some getting used to, but I ended up not minding it.

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
I wouldnt have minded them, but they dont work very well at absorbing vibration. The design also makes it so the footpegs feel too far apart. As of the center of the bike is fatter. When I installed the z1000 pieces, the middle of the bike felt more thin. Vibration might have increased, or not. It really wasnt a significant difference. Losing g the rubber topped footpegs opened up the riding area, too.

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
I wish they had put more energy into a way to move the pegs around as opposed to the rubber mount system.

If that isnt enough, the shift lever is also involved in the rubber system. It's not solidly mounted in relation to the shift shaft. Awesome idea to hang a quick shifter into that mess that requires a kill time in milliseconds. Pretty tough to do when the lever isnt solid. Then they wonder why they have transmission damage...hum..who would have seen that coming?

Then you go over to the rear brake. This also contributes to its poor performance.

We need one of our forum members to build some nice, solid urethane bushings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts