Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all, just looking for any recommendations on if the Quadlock phone mount will work on the 2020 Ninja1000SX. Not a lot of space around the bars so I was hoping to go with a fork stem mount system. Anyone tried it ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Stem mount works great and I have my GPS mounted in that location and my phone mounted on left handlebar mirror hole with a RAM ball and X-Grip.

Lots of people pee on themselves when Quad Lock is mentioned and barf when the X-Grip is discussed.

I have the X-Grip, it's not ideal but works great for me.

I looked at the Quad Lock when add spammed on FB and I like the concept expect it requires a special case and I like my phone as thin and trim as possible.

And in the current location I wonder if contact with my tank bag or windscreen would un-lock it.

I can't bash it since I have not used one and I certainly like the concept.

I used the stem mount RAM off my N400, it would not fit in the hex hole so I removed all the junk off the bottom and with a few taps of a hammer it's wedged in the hole. I didn't want to sell it or toss it so I make it work. If it get loose I will take it out and make it permanent using I believe Jonathon Long's video.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent thanks for the feedback, I'm keen to see if I can make the Quadlock fork stem setup work for me, I'll put up some photos showing how it goes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really like the quadlock system as it holds the phone very secure. That being said, My old phone (iphone 7) got a very bad camera shake after a few thousand miles of being mounted on the quad lock. Used more many more thousands of miles prior to the quad lock on an x-grip and I had no problems at all. In December, I changed to an iphone 11. Two rides with it on a quad lock mount and the camera got the shakes again. Good thing for apple care as I'll get it fixed/replaced, but now I won't be using the quadlock anymore. At least not on the handlebars. I need to find a way to mount it on the tank bag. There is hardly any vibration there. Just my .02 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts