Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to be in San Antonio today, so I stopped by the Kawi Demo Ride at Alamo Cycle Plex. Ninja 1000SX was listed on their demo fleet itinerary but they only had a 2019 instead. :sad: Disappointed, but I took the chance to test ride the ZX6R instead. Just as I remembered, the same SFF's felt more communicative. The more aggressive geometry (Rake/Trail ZX6R 23.5°/3.98" vs. N1k 24.5°/4.0 in) might explain some of it. However, after the ride today, I get the feeling (pun intended) that a good bit of it is simply because the rider is canted much more forward and engages the forks much more directly via short clip-ons. Even if I support my upper body properly, so as not to put too much weight on my wrists, I'm still that much more closely coupled to the forks.

This makes me want to finish installing the Apex clip-ons even more. On my initial test fit, I've got them angled and positioned to set the grips with drop and reach more like my old VFR1200F. Still way more relaxed compared to the ZX6R, of course. I never really liked the N1k's dirtbike-like straight across stock grips. They are nice for hwy cruising, but felt all wrong when you start shifting body position in corner transitions.

I want to ride this thing bad, but I just keep working myself around this never ending farkeling loop.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic of the two at the demo event. Difference in bar height is dramatic.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts