Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just brought this baby home today. Now the parts list starts. Obviously tail light, levers exhaust, sliders, spools, etc...

Problem... Can't find levers online, is it because it's 2020 or am i just not looking right?.. They are different levers than I've seen before. Usually I've gone with cnc'd 30$ levers an had no issues... I'll prolly get some nicer ones here as this gonna be around a while... So help me find a link on those.

Also... Exhaust... All previous N1K were dual, now it's single and they changed the air box to match the single exhaust or something... When I order exhaust only thing pops up is dual for full.. Will I be fine throwing full dual on?...

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Four19_Plus1, have you seen this thread talking about exhaust options....
Exhaust options for 2020 1000sx

I haven't compared the parts list number to compare the 2020 to the 2019,but seems to me any left lever that works on the previous gen 1000's should work on the 2020. The right side probably not. I'll probably upgrade to shorty lever when they are readily available as I have those (CRG's) on my other bikes. I'm also good with the factory exhaust for now. Maybe next year, after Ivan has had time and opportunity to setup an ECU reflash for the 2020, I consider a 4:1 (or 4:2:1) header carbon can, but I'm definitely not going to dual exhaust. Definitely need a tail tighty, and spools, maybe a larger shield for winter months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey! Congrats. Got mine 1 month ago and was having the same parts challenge! so here comes the list of mods / parts I could find and got so far...

Sliders: R&G released for 2020 N1Ksx (how every all siders for prev models could match
--> perfect as usual

Tidy tail: R&G released for 2020, could take the risk to try another brand for older models
--> perfect as usual

Spools: thats the most easy one! any 8mm spools will do the job

Wind Screen: OEM wide smoke
--> not much wing protection over stock but looks much better (wide and matches the wind front end of the bike and somke are always +)

levers: not a big fan

Integrated tails lights: Moto dynamic (essential with the tidy tail) also N1k model in US sells with a halogen turn signals so getting a tail light was a good deal however
--> light is brighter than stock also sequential brake and turn is a + but the dark smoke of the stock tail light looks better ;)

Slip on: you can't retro fit any prev model to the 2020 angle is very twisty:) however Apro was damn expensive and arrow are the only ones released so far, so I got it. leo also promised to release in month but I could wait with the stock boat anchor exhaust :)
--> still didn't receive it

Seat: although they market the 2020 seat as conf seat, in real life its not after 30 mins riding so I'm considering sarget as Laam never replies to my request!

Handle bar risers: Murph is available but still in the wish list

Tank ring / bag: Givi (ring is a bit different form old models)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Akrapovic shows a single for the 2020

1 - 7 of 7 Posts