Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki ninja 1000 sx
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys suggest a good GPS and mount for the 2020 Ninja 1000?

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
348 Posts
I bought a SW-Motec mount which bolts to the front of the fuel tank. Well made, strong and vibration free. See SW-Motec GPS Mount

I used a cheap Andriod based Chinese GPS I bought off Alibaba, so effectively it comes with no warranty.

You can download Android apps from the Google Playstore and I'm happy with it, but it is not in the same class as a TomTom or Garmin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a SW-Motec mount which bolts to the front of the fuel tank. Well made, strong and vibration free. See SW-Motec GPS Mount

I used a cheap Andriod based Chinese GPS I bought off Alibaba, so effectively it comes with no warranty.

You can download Android apps from the Google Playstore and I'm happy with it, but it is not in the same class as a TomTom or Garmin.
Thanks for the link - question, the link says its handlebar screw mounted and you state fuel tank. Do you have a pic ?

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
348 Posts
My invoice shows that the product code was GPS.08.646.10300/B which is the same product code that is in the web-link I gave you.

Here is a photo of it mounted to the 2 bolts at the front of the tank. Don't worry about the silver disk at the top of the bracket as I had to remove the Quick Release mechanism because it would not fit mt GPS unit.

Here is a enlarged screenshot of the photo on the web. It shows the Quick Releade clip and you can see that it is not mounted to the handlebars.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use the RAM mount in the head tube, a standard elbow and the universal Garmin mount. Quick to pop it off and use it in the car or truck with the suction cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts