Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve not had the best experience so far with the rideology app. It seems half baked and does not work too well for me. I use an iPhone and I’m having a lot of connectivity issues which makes the app pretty useless. The app pairs with the bike but it refuses to track a ride or sync information at times

Curious to hear other owner experiences with the app? It would be nice if it worked as it’s supposed to

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's actually worse than useless because they tease you with the impression that you just bought a bike with the latest technology. The only useful feature if it's important to you is that it is the only way to completely turn off traction/wheelie control by setting up a "Rider" mode. I've done that, but found I really don't want to ride in that mode.

The mode to log a trip is a world class pain in the ***. From what I can tell, the only way to save or "continue" it is to remember to go into the app BEFORE you turn the bike off - every time you stop for any reason on a ride. The likely hood of me remembering to do that is slim and none.

I also expected to be able to use it to send and receive calls (with an intercom such as Sena in use). Not the case. All it does is show an icon if your phone is paired and a call or text comes in. You cannot actually use it to answer the call.

And finally, I had thought/hoped you could set a destination and get turn by turn directions. nope! You can do that and make and answer calls on the BMW system for sure, and I think the KTM system also.

And finally, any sort of instructions are limited to some very poorly done videos that you are on you own to find on the internet, and I cannot find any sort of Kawasaki support group to contact.

Let me know if there is something I may have missed in my statements above.

Reactions: axif

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
143 Posts
It's actually worse than useless because they tease you with the impression that you just bought a bike with the latest technology. The only useful feature if it's important to you is that it is the only way to completely turn off traction/wheelie control by setting up a "Rider" mode. I've done that, but found I really don't want to ride in that mode.
I'm pretty sure you can set up a "Rider" mode and turn off traction control just by using the bike controls. When I picked up the bike, Albert showed me how to do this, but I'd have to play around with it to remember.

Reactions: axif

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also expected to be able to use it to send and receive calls (with an intercom such as Sena in use). Not the case. All it does is show an icon if your phone is paired and a call or text comes in. You cannot actually use it to answer the call.
Yea the call thing is the stupidest feature. It flashes a phone symbol on your dash and that’s it. I would have thought Kawasaki would have put out something more well thought through. And I believe this app has been around since the H2 so doesn’t look like it would get useful updates anytime soon. I use an app called Scenic to track rides and it does a great job but it’s only available on IOS.

I think you can customize the rider mode on the dash. When you’re in the mode, you can use the select buttons to change power and KRTC levels.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Let me clarify, you can set up the Rider Mode on the bike, but you cannot turn off Traction Control as a setting. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is the case. I"m heading out to the garage in a few minutes, I'll try to look at it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I went out and checked mine and I can change it on the bike to Traction Control off. But I don’t know if that tells me anything or not because I did download that setting from the Rideology app.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went out and checked mine and I can change it on the bike to Traction Control off. But I don’t know if that tells me anything or not because I did download that setting from the Rideology app.
I’ll check mine tomorrow. I’ve never successfully been able to send settings from my phone to the bike so will try changing it on the bike

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
143 Posts
You can definitely turn it off on the bike--they did it on mine at the dealership and I had not downloaded anything from the app.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve not had the best experience so far with the rideology app. It seems half baked and does not work too well for me. I use an iPhone and I’m having a lot of connectivity issues which makes the app pretty useless. The app pairs with the bike but it refuses to track a ride or sync information at times

Curious to hear other owner experiences with the app? It would be nice if it worked as it’s supposed to
I use the app and it works fine for me.
possible a typical blue tooth issue?
Be sure the latest iOS is installed on the phone, delete the bike from the phone and pair the bike again.
The app must be open and then start the bike and ride. Is should record .
I have seen where if the bike is already running and then open the app , it become glitchy. There are a couple of YouTube videos that helped me.
Good luck and give some feed back.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just swapped '15 Z1000SX to a '20 NINJA1000SX a week ago.
And even if I obviously buy the bike due to this app, I can confirm RIDEOLOGY is a turd bigger than the bike.
It has nothing to do with OS: I am using Android and it BT connects fine and looks like it wants to work but, as you perfectly say, "it's half baked". In my case, a simple thing like not seeing the STOP button makes the whole thing crash because looks like you have to click it in order to stop and save the log and there is no way to scroll down or something to find it.
I can advance you I already contacted with developers and... NO REPLY. AT ALL!!!! So, I decided not to use the app as it is completely useless.

·
Registered
458 Posts
What I found is that you have to “pause” the trip before shutting the bike off. Otherwise you lose the trip log. I admit I gave up on it within days after buying the bike, so it’s possible I was the problem, but I really don’t think so.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was been a few iOS updates over the last few months so I'm not sure if things have improved. My bike is in winter hibernation here in Canada so will be able to try it out in spring. Hopefully it has got a little better

·
Registered
24 Posts
Newbie here and I agree with all of the above. I do not find the app useful at all. It does connect to my phone seamlesly but it does not add anything I cannot do on the bikes screen.

The big downside it is a huge battery drain on my phone. I will likely remove the app altogether unless they upgrade it massively.

Don't get me wrong... I love the bike, it's just this technology is lacking. I was hoping the display would show text message clips or at least the phone numbers that were calling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rideology connects just fine, but I am getting an error message when I want to log a new ride: „Stop the bike“. Tried disconnect, switch off bluetooth etc. no luck. So now I am not able to log any rides. On previous logs, the data sometimes shows, bit it blank for most rides.

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
Rideology connects just fine, but I am getting an error message when I want to log a new ride: „Stop the bike“. Tried disconnect, switch off bluetooth etc. no luck. So now I am not able to log any rides. On previous logs, the data sometimes shows, bit it blank for most rides.
I did not have this experience.
When I startup the bike, the bluetooth connection is automatic and I see the bluetooth icon at the bottom.
I started up the App and touched the PLUS icon to initiate a new log and it starts the log and off I go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts