Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a set of matching levers for the 2020 yet??,

I have been looking but nothing comes across as a matching set. Looking for a short and adjustable ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone found a set of matching levers for the 2020 yet??,

I have been looking but nothing comes across as a matching set. Looking for a short and adjustable ones.
I found this awesome set of shorties with black and green and Ninja printed on them from China (Ali something or other). Was a bust because they did not fit. I have not found anything else either. Bought Brake reservoir covers and an oil cap. 100% of what I bought did not fit. Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far the avs, pazzo, vortex, puig, and crg. none fit as a set. But some fit clutch or brake but not both.

of all those the only ones willing to say they are working on anything was avs (best looking ones in btw)

AVS said when they have made the changes to make them work they will be in touch. but not sur e when that will be. All I was told was hopefully before riding season is in full swing.

and yes I ordered all since I hadn't heard anything here.

·
Registered
2020 N1K
13 Posts
Drumming up an old thread, sorry. But steer clear of the Amazon Chinese crap! Bought a set for my C14 when I had it. Bolted up fine. Then a mile from my house while fortunately only doing 25 mph the front tire locked right up, right in the middle of the street. Saved it from going down, but couldn’t move it. Called my wife who rushed a screwdriver set to me, unbolted the lever out and went straight home and put in the OEM. No problems after that.
Chinese made is garbage and can be life threatening. Steer clear, and go with known brands. If racers going 180mph on tracks trust Puig, ASV, etc, Safe bet you can to. Just a shame the 2020+ haven’t been given more love in the aftermarket world.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
151 Posts
Drumming up an old thread, sorry. But steer clear of the Amazon Chinese crap! Bought a set for my C14 when I had it. Bolted up fine. Then a mile from my house while fortunately only doing 25 mph the front tire locked right up, right in the middle of the street. Saved it from going down, but couldn’t move it. Called my wife who rushed a screwdriver set to me, unbolted the lever out and went straight home and put in the OEM. No problems after that.
Chinese made is garbage and can be life threatening. Steer clear, and go with known brands. If racers going 180mph on tracks trust Puig, ASV, etc, Safe bet you can to. Just a shame the 2020+ haven’t been given more love in the aftermarket world.
I agree, this is a good video on what not to purchase.

STG Levers Youtube Video

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've had these Amazon Chinese crap shorties since the bike was new. I've had the same Amazon Chinese crap shorties on my K1600GT for going on 3yrs now. Previously, I've had the same Amazon Chinese crap shorties on other bikes. If my Street Triple R didn't come with fancy gen-new-wine Triumph optional shorties, I would've bought the same Amazon Chinese crap shorties for it.

I tell ya... some of us just don't learn.

Reactions: Hasan

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started this one a while back but personally haven't found any short levers of quality for a 2020 or newer...has anyone found some that work and fit right??

·
Premium Member
15,203 Posts
I wouldn't trust the fit of ANY aftermarket lever, or matter who made them. Its not hard to verify, or custom fit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have bought heaps off Ali-Express - The fitment descriptions can be vague but if your careful you get what you need - Everything I buy I expect to be junk but have been surprised that so far it has all been quality - In fact the screen protectors I bought came in the exact same packaging as the expensive ones from the UK - even the same brand name on them.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally found a set that work on the 2020 models had a few discord guys that live over there tell me they are good so took a chance. They work great and fit just as good as the oem. they adjust way more then the oem as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 N1K IVANS FLASH
222 Posts
I have bought heaps off Ali-Express - The fitment descriptions can be vague but if your careful you get what you need - Everything I buy I expect to be junk but have been surprised that so far it has all been quality - In fact the screen protectors I bought came in the exact same packaging as the expensive ones from the UK - even the same brand name on them.
Were any of the protectors you purchased anti-glare?

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Came across this post as I was looking for levers for my 2022 1000SX. First attempt for me was a Chinese set I bought off Amazon. Fortunately they refunded me without needing to return since the seller went almost radio-silent after I tried working with them to resolve a compatibility issue.

Both levers "fit" (clutch was 100%), but the part of the brake lever that triggers the brake lights wasn't there - which took me a couple rides before I noticed my brake lights were always on (see photos).

OEM vs cheap aftermarket:
Bicycle handlebar Finger Cable Electrical wiring Wire

Part diagram (PN 13236-0824):
Gesture Line Elbow Slope Parallel

The Puig that claim to fit, from their photos on the site appear to have the same issue - although after contacting them regarding my concern, they claim they're fully compatible.

The only ones I could find that look like they're a good fit are the Probrake:
brake lever for Ninja 1000 SX (20-) ZXT02K 🏍 - probrake GmbH - speci

Pricey and I'd probably wait a while coming from the UK (I'm in Canada)... and then there's the pain of a return if they don't fit.

Anyone have any luck with levers that you can recommend (I'm pretty sure it's the same part from 2020-2022)? Anyone tried the Puig? Others that might be available in NA? For the price of the Probrake ones, I end up asking myself "Do I really need them? For that price, maybe stick with OEM for now"... That and I'm hesitant of something not fitting again and struggling with a return - especially if they're gonna be a few $$$.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I talked to a mechanic in town about after market levers and he stressed that it should not be underestimated how important the small tolerances are when it comes to the braking and gear shifting, that if they're not engaging at optimum, it can mess thigns up. There's a company in BC that's supposed to make quality levers. Here is the link to them and have heard good things about them: Pazzo

·
Registered
144 Posts
I talked to a mechanic in town about after market levers and he stressed that it should not be underestimated how important the small tolerances are when it comes to the braking and gear shifting is. There's a company in BC that's supposed to make quality levers. Here is the link to them and have heard good things about them: Pazzo
Pazzo's have always been my go to. Unfortunately they don't have any for the 20+ yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I talked to a mechanic in town about after market levers and he stressed that it should not be underestimated how important the small tolerances are when it comes to the braking and gear shifting, that if they're not engaging at optimum, it can mess thigns up. There's a company in BC that's supposed to make quality levers. Here is the link to them and have heard good things about them: Pazzo
Thanks @Ninja Raven! I did just send them a message regarding the 00-22 years for the 1000SX to see if they have anything in the works (or if there's cross-compatibility with one of Kawi's other bikes).

·
Registered
8 Posts
To follow up, in case it's of any interest to anyone seeing this... Response from Pazzo:

"Kawi extended the brake light tab actuator for some reason.
We also do not have a fitment for that bike.
So many small changes to so many bikes we cannot keep up.
Usually due to added or moved switches"

From the sounds of that, Pazzo doesn't have anything compatible nor any intention. I think I'll be sticking to stock for now - no sense leaving anything to chance with cable tension or proper compatibility unless from a reputable brand. It's just style points anyways... so -1HP, lol (functionality-wise, besides length adjustments, OEM on this bike already has adjustable grip distance.).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts