Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey I want to plug an accessory into one of the included accessory plugs ( 2 in front 1 under seat) but cannot find information on what connector to buy to plug straight in.
Any one know the name of the connector or where to get one?
Kawasaki dealer near me didn’t have or know - only gets them with genuine accessories

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
x3 on cutting off the old ones and installing new.

There's a thread elsewhere in the forum where someone figured out the connectors to mate but for very little money and effort you can crimp on the same inexpensive bullet connectors that were used on the 2011-2019 Ninja. Or go really standard and splice in SAE (in the US at least) connectors.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
113 Posts
Hey hey I want to plug an accessory into one of the included accessory plugs ( 2 in front 1 under seat) but cannot find information on what connector to buy to plug straight in.
Any one know the name of the connector or where to get one?
Kawasaki dealer near me didn’t have or know - only gets them with genuine accessories
I bought these from cycleterminal.com. They look identical and are an exact fit. I used one to connect a BatteryTender USB adapter. I used another one to connect my ZumoXT

HM-090 Sealed Connector
Item# HM090-2 Set Black

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up cutting mine off and installed new ones.
x2 on cutting off the old ones and installing new.
The only reason I was looking for the correct connector is I am waiting on stem mount from UK anyway and if I had the exact connector that Kawasaki use on their USB extension I can reach the front accessory connecter without taking anything off the bike - to change it I can’t do this :)

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
113 Posts
This is the part on cycleterminal.com

You can order the White (Natural) or the Black plug. I ordered the black set (male and female)… but you really only need the male half for your accessory, as the bike side is the female plug

Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Brand

·
Registered
35 Posts
can reach the front accessory connecter without taking anything off the bike
As much as it is a hassle to take the bike apart, I enjoyed doing it as you learn how it all pieces together should there be a need later on. ie When I did the carbon wrapping of some of the panels, I knew how it all came off from doing the wiring.

Heaps of good youtube videos regarding panel removal should you change your mind.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As much as it is a hassle to take the bike apart, I enjoyed doing it as you learn how it all pieces together should there be a need later on. ie When I did the carbon wrapping of some of the panels, I knew how it all came off from doing the wiring.

Heaps of good youtube videos regarding panel removal should you change your mind.
Yeah watched heaps and have bought a new plug to fit anyway - It was more of a lazy thing than a too hard thing :) - I am actually going to wrap those same parts if I have to drop fairing anyway :)

I will never fit heated grips so probably going to just change the side accessory point to the new plug :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the part on cycleterminal.com

You can order the White (Natural) or the Black plug. I ordered the black set (male and female)… but you really only need the male half for your accessory, as the bike side is the female plug

View attachment 32333
Thank you I really appreciate you posting this for me - Since I already have a plug to replace it with - the cost of postage makes it silly to get these now :) Just an FYI I can find them in Aus but only as individual parts have to buy 2seals / 2 pins / housing as sperate items :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So have never crimped a connector in my life - Botched the connectors on the new plug super badly - Bullet connectors for the win (Hard to mess up that crimp lol)

So have the TomTom 1" Ball mount (hex base for Kawasaki) - Short Ram Arm - 1" Ball Adapter Quad Lock - Vibration Dampener - Weatherproof Wireless head - Damn that ends up bulky on the bike bigger than I thought.

Connected it to a USB Tender double side taped under the fairing and permanently connected - Works fine.

Did have some weirdness though used a Multi meter to confirm power and earth on the Bike connectors and got no voltage out on either wire - Heard a pop - replaced the 15 amp fuse and got power - Weird !! but all good now :)

Thanks all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts