Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Since, I am gonna go ahead and have my ECU flashed by Ivan, while I have the tail section apart can anyone recommend a tail tidy and integrated lights?

Bc2

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
Bc2, have you ridden behind someone with an integrated light? I was behind a zx6, last week and saw him make a few lane changes.

The brake light portion was cool. It gave a pulse, or two, when the guy hit the brakes. I liked that. The turn signal portion sucked. They were quality led bright, but unless you really looked, it was difficult to understand right from left. I think I want one, but will probably leave my turn signals connected, too.

The guy happened to work at the place I was going to. He said it was this brand.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bc2, have you ridden behind someone with an integrated light? I was behind a zx6, last week and saw him make a few lane changes.

The brake light portion was cool. It gave a pulse, or two, when the guy hit the brakes. I liked that. The turn signal portion sucked. They were quality led bright, but unless you really looked, it was difficult to understand right from left. I think I want one, but will probably leave my turn signals connected, too.

The guy happened to work at the place I was going to. He said it was this brand.

Thank you...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm doing their integrated tail light and fender eliminator.
Tail Light

Fender Eliminator

With the integrated tail light, it eliminated the need to put turn signals on the fender eliminator, which, if you use the factory hard case bags, you'd have to buy aftermarket signal lights as the stockers would interfere with the hard cases.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If I end up just replacing the turn signals with LED bulbs, I know that you have to change the flasher relay upfront so the front signals will blink at the proper speed. Is there a relay for the rear turn signals that I would have to change too or does the front relay control both?

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
It's a shared relay, so you should be fine. I did led rear bulbs, too. They really helped the stock signals. That relay they sell, on ebay, appears to be the same relay if you pay 2.00 for it, or 25.00 from an american supplier.

On the 11-13 bikes, the relay is in the front fairing. The new one plugged in. Not easy to access, but super easy to change.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a shared relay, so you should be fine. I did led rear bulbs, too. They really helped the stock signals. That relay they sell, on ebay, appears to be the same relay if you pay 2.00 for it, or 25.00 from an american supplier.

On the 11-13 bikes, the relay is in the front fairing. The new one plugged in. Not easy to access, but super easy to change.
I believe I saw on the Jon Long Video on his 18' the relay was inside the front fairing and like you mentioned just plugs in. Also, I will change out my plate light and since my bike is a 17' all lights will then be LEDs.

Thank you,

Bc2

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did the same Tail Tidy and Brake light, I also added some Rizoma turn signals which are very bright and pretty small. I did change the flasher relay though I don't think it needed it, but it is simple and cheap to change. Overall, I am happy with how the tail end looks and functions.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Is there a tail light where it pulses once it detects if you are decelerating or engine braking?
There have been some plate frames but I have not seen anything for tail lights.

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
Angelo, go back in the thread....I THINK the one I posted will do that. I followed a kid on a zx6 and his light did that. He had the one that I posted.

I think that is a good idea.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi All,

Since, I am gonna go ahead and have my ECU flashed by Ivan, while I have the tail section apart can anyone recommend a tail tidy and integrated lights?

Bc2
I have both the Motodynamic tail tidy (fender eliminator) and their integrated tail light on my 2017, and both are excellent. I’ve had them on there for nearly a year and wouldn’t trade to another brand unless they paid me to do so. You can program the tail light for various settings. Mine quickly flashes 3 times when I hit the brakes and goes solid. I eliminated external turn signals completely and utilize the Motodynamic’s built in indicators, which use the left and right side of the brake light in a directional pattern to indicate turns. If I bought another bike I’d use the MD stuff again.

Reactions: Bc2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts