Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am looking at buying a 2017 Ninja 1000ABS, and have a question about the saddle bags. From what I understand, they are the newer quick release type that connect to the hand grips instead of having to mount the square frames of older models.

What I am having trouble figuring out is, do the bags from the newer bikes also fit the 2017? It seems like they all use the same mounting system, but I don't know if the bags will fit properly.

I've contacted Kawasaki customer service via email, but no response yet. Any advice you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. I have a 2017 Ninja 1000abs. I recently purchased the factory panniers and they fit and work great. I originally tried shopping overseas for the bags as I’ve heard it’s cheaper even with overseas shipping. But struggles to find the correct bags. Or just couldn’t find the appropriate site to order from. And with it not being a cheap purchase I didn’t want to risk it. Instead I ordered from this website:

And was very satisfied. In fact with their prices I was able to purchase the bags, the liners and all the parts for cheap enough to get an OEM gel seat replacement. If you do get them, don’t spend the extra to have the dealership install. They’re simple to install and even the Kawasaki one key system is easy to do if you follow Jonathan Long’s YouTube video. Hope you find what you’re looking for. I searched and searched and ultimately happy I pulled the trigger on these.

Reflex camera Digital camera Automotive tire Camera lens Camera Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Luggage and bags Baby carriage Bag Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Reflex camera Digital camera Automotive tire Camera lens Camera Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Luggage and bags Baby carriage Bag Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe these excellent Givi bags haven't changed in years, but keep searching until you know. I love them and plan to keep them installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts