Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a black and grey 2015 over the summer? I just went on kawis website and looked at the new 2016 is there any difference? I see a slipper assist clutch and they brought back the candy red scheme other then that anything else?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the big thing was the slipper clutch. Personally, I have not had any issues with my '14 N1K and the clutch. But many have said they have and converted to the slipper. The reviews are all positive on the slipper clutch. When I need a new clutch, I'll go that route. For now, mine works fine. If you have a 2015, enjoy it. Not enough difference to matter. I love the black/grey scheme by the way. My only beef with this bike in general is the lights. It should have halo's with projectors as standard. I hate riding at night on it. Other than that, best bike I have ever owned. Hope you feel the same.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My 14 and clutch doesn't bother me. Though I had a minor clutch plate chatter - but changing oils fixed that issue.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have the sticky clutch issue when cold. Not too bothersome but I may mod it if it is still the same after the next oil change.

It also takes a good amount of effort to shift this bike smoothly but I wonder if that is the throttle instead; it does have a pretty on/off feel when you just crack it open.

·
Registered
971 Posts
They haven't offered the candy red since the inception of the Ninja 1000 in 2011.

That should be a popular choice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I don't even care about the slipper clutch I don't think it matters that much your not on a track racing and I ride my bike hard and it has no problems with the clutch.here is mine I got the black and charcoal grey I love it but I wish they offered the white like in 2013 because I would have gotten that!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I don't even care about the slipper clutch I don't think it matters that much your not on a track racing and I ride my bike hard and it has no problems with the clutch.here is mine I got the black and charcoal grey I love it but I wish they offered the white like in 2013 because I would have gotten that!
The picture wouldn't load

Attachments

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The slipper clutch they are using is a far better design than they used before. Its easy to add one to the older bikes, but costs around 400.00.

Nothing to do with track riding, this assist/slipper style of clutch offers a super easy pull, an dis far easier and nicer to deal with than the old style.

It would have been added more for this rather than the slipper function.

With the non current bikes selling for such good prices, id for sure buy one of those and add the slipper clutch later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I would have to ride one I don't know what the hype is about my 2015 is smooth as silk or maybe I am just fluent with my controls? But it shifts up and down just a smooth as my last bike with a hydraulic clutch

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bike is pretty tolerant without the slipper. Never "barked" the rear if i downshifted too many like i was able to do on my Versys. Maybe i haven't downshifted too many because the power is so accessible on this bike in all gears.

Reactions: MikSchultzy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts