Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone!
Tomorrow I'll be taking delivery of a 2016 Metallic Carbon Gray Ninja 1000.

It was supposed to arrive today but was pushed until tomorrow. Looking forward to the maiden voyage!

I've been riding a Ninja 300 for the last few years, which I've done some light sport touring on; however, The comfort is just not there for longer rides.

Can't wait to pick er up...Saw the carbon grey color at a recent trade show, and it is awesome!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
After cruising on the ninja 300 the 1000 will be like cruising on a rocket you will love it, cograts on the new purchase

·
Registered
828 Posts
Congrats, enjoy your new ride. While the N1K is a better bike than the Ninja, keep in mind it is a LOT heavier and isn't near as nimble at lower speeds.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome tritium... looking forward to your posts!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Greetings everyone!

It was supposed to arrive today but was pushed until tomorrow. Looking forward to the maiden voyage!

I've been riding a Ninja 300 for the last few years, which I've done some light sport touring on; however, The comfort is just not there for longer rides.

Can't wait to pick er up...Saw the carbon grey color at a recent trade show, and it is awesome!
Welcome, and excellent choice in color! I have the '15 in the same color, and I think it looks great. It is such an easy bike to ride I am sure you will adjust really quickly. I have some bad news for you about the seat and long rides though, lol. It may need some work. Give it a try, some folks don't seem to mind it. I like it more each time I ride it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings everyone!

UPDATED: attached pic

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Test rode 2015 z1000 back to back 2016 ninja...the clutch pull is soooo light in comparison on the ninja 1000! Both are awesome, but 2016 feels like a toy...in a good way.

The slipper is great.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Test rode 2015 z1000 back to back 2016 ninja...the clutch pull is soooo light in comparison on the ninja 1000! Both are awesome, but 2016 feels like a toy...in a good way.

The slipper is great.
Someone *has* to try the '16 clutch in a previous model year.
I would, but I have never done any transmission or engine work...beyond my technical comfort zone.

Anyone? Bueller?
:)

Oh, btw welcome Tritium and congrats on the new ride!

Rob

·
Registered
127 Posts
welcome from Wyoming,i have the 2015 in carbon gray.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts