Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show the small upgrades I've made to a great bike. Little mods can make a big difference. T-rex frame/axle sliders, Corbin seat, tank grips, Ram ball with x-grip, Tourmaster deluxe bags w/Give TE 4100 frames, Keiti guardian angel tank pad, tank grip pads, Omni cruise, and Puig racing shield w. green bolts. I also used the green bolts for the dash cover. The Corbin seat is a great improvement over stock. I no longer ride the tank, and padding is a little better. It also looks good with the tank grips. Kind of looks like carbon fiber. I love this bike, and don't think it needs any performance upgrades. I think it sounds great, has plenty of power, and is silly fast.
thanks,
Adam D.

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks great. I love my RAM+XMount, had a chance to use it Tuesday night and again today for GPS use on my phone. Now I need to get a usb/power option to keep the phone charged. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bike looks really good. Can I ask for a broader shot of the entire bike? My ninja is the same color and pondering windscreens and would be nice to see the tinted version on the bike. Is that the dark smoke?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Looks great!! How much better is that Corbin seat? I do need something softer; the stock one is good for regular distance riding but not for touring. Tried one longer ride and my *ss didn't agree LOL

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Looks great!! How much better is that Corbin seat? I do need something softer; the stock one is good for regular distance riding but not for touring. Tried one longer ride and my *ss didn't agree LOL
If you're looking for a softer seat, look elsewhere. The Corbins are not known for having soft seats. Quite the opposite.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Corbin Seat

If you're looking for a softer seat, look elsewhere. The Corbins are not known for having soft seats. Quite the opposite.
I purchased my Corbin seats from a guy on here for $225 shipped for both seats, and I thought it was worth the try, since the stock seat really sucks. The Corbin seat is not really softer, but it is shaped to keep your a$$ back on the seat and not sliding up on the tank. I think the comfort is a real improvement. Also seems to give me .5 inches more on the ground. The design of the seat looks good on the bike also.
Adam

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I purchased my Corbin seats from a guy on here for $225 shipped for both seats, and I thought it was worth the try, since the stock seat really sucks. The Corbin seat is not really softer, but it is shaped to keep your a$$ back on the seat and not sliding up on the tank. I think the comfort is a real improvement. Also seems to give me .5 inches more on the ground. The design of the seat looks good on the bike also.
Adam
Totally agree with this. It's a LOT better than that stock, crappy seat. But it's way too firm for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seat comfort.

Totally agree with this. It's a LOT better than that stock, crappy seat. But it's way too firm for me.
Although the Corbin seat isn't any softer, the design does make it much more comfortable than the stock seat in my opinion. It seems to be molded in a way that keeps your butt in place with little pressure. I ride 35 miles one way to work, and I never think about my butt anymore. I'm looking to try it out for a longer ride to the mountains next week, so I'll report if I get the chance.
Adam

·
Registered
711 Posts
Which mountains? I'll be heading high this coming weekend. In central NC.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Day trip.

I live in Jefferson, which is NE Ga. Thinking of heading to Deals gap or to Franklin to the BRP. I'm starting a new job in two weeks, and have next week off. The only problem is that I have to get my kids off to school in the mornings, so I'll have to leave in the morning and make a day trip.

Which mountains? I'll be heading high this coming weekend. In central NC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm very interested in the new seat (Corbin) test results ;) I've got a new 2015 N1K and already noticed that for other than commuting (20miles one way), stock sit would not be any good. Please share your test results for a few hours ride !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts