·
Registered
158 Posts
I remember seeing the ratios and the difference was quite small

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
For what purpose? Power? Definitely not an issue whatsoever; there is so much torque I can't imagine the small change in rpm making a difference.
No, not power - no issues there. For less frenetic RPM's at cruising speeds. BrokeSolid above said he didn't think the 2014 change in gearing to 6th was all that significant.

I know with the 2013 I am frequently looking for the phantom "7th gear". Hence, many 2013 owners change their sprockets. I was curious if any 2014+ owners did (that already have the revised gearing, at least for 6th).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
No, not power - no issues there. For less frenetic RPM's at cruising speeds. BrokeSolid above said he didn't think the 2014 change in gearing to 6th was all that significant.

I know with the 2013 I am frequently looking for the phantom "7th gear". Hence, many 2013 owners change their sprockets. I was curious if any 2014+ owners did (that already have the revised gearing, at least for 6th).
Oh, I see. I guess it depends how fast you're going. The engine seems very relaxed up to about 6k and that's going about 85mph.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Speaking of, I'm going to a 16 tooth front sprocket over winter. I already have a factory 2006 z1000 sprocket sitting here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2012 and a 2015 N1K ABS models. I could not notice any real difference in RPMs at any speed or gear with stock gearing. I changed both to a +1 front -2 rear and that makes a noticeable difference. The 2012 seems to have slightly less vibrations overall than the 2015.

Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.