Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I also had a 2003 VFR - silver with Staintune pipes. Bike sounded awesome, but as you say - lacked that little bit extra power. It was right after I picked up a ZX-9R that I tasted a bit of that Ninja power and I was, well - hooked.
The Viffer just sat in the garage, so I sold it and it's been Kawis ever since.:smile_big:

I have to admit, the only other bike that has grabbed my attention over the last few years is the Yamaha FJ-09 (now Tracer). I've ridden one and that triple engine is so torquey and fun. Just not sure how long I would be entertained by it...

Rob
I have to admit that the new Tracer 900 GT has gotten my attention. It comes with a lot of good features at a decent price. I retired a few months ago and am going to treat myself to a new bike in the next year or two and right now it is between a new Ninja 1000 with hard bags or the Tracer 900 GT. No hurry as my 2013 still works well.....just does not have hard bags which I will definitely have on my next ride.

Reactions: robertv19

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I have to admit that the new Tracer 900 GT has gotten my attention. It comes with a lot of good features at a decent price. I retired a few months ago and am going to treat myself to a new bike in the next year or two and right now it is between a new Ninja 1000 with hard bags or the Tracer 900 GT. No hurry as my 2013 still works well.....just does not have hard bags which I will definitely have on my next ride.
My local dealer is taking delivery one a Tracer 900 GT in the next couple of weeks.
It may be my next bike.

Rob

·
Registered
599 Posts
My local dealer is taking delivery one a Tracer 900 GT in the next couple of weeks.
It may be my next bike.

Rob
None of the dealers in my area have one yet. The reviews from across the Atlantic have been quite good.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
None of the dealers in my area have one yet. The reviews from across the Atlantic have been quite good.
They seem to be hitting dealers in Canada - a couple shops in Toronto now have them on their floor and a couple of guys out west have already taken delivery of them.
I imagine it won't be long before they hit the US dealers.

Great reviews all around!

Rob

·
Registered
599 Posts
Since I already had a Ninja 1000 in the garage I picked up the Tracer GT back in June of 2019. It compares well to the Ninja but is definitely a bit more on the touring side of the sport touring equation. The Yamaha triple engine is brilliant! Smooth and torquey, it rips at any rpm and never seems to run out of breath. Ninja engine has more power but I don't miss it when riding the Tracer. I guess because I don't ride the Tracer as aggressively.

The Ninja is the bike I will ride when I want to have fun in the twisties with my friends. When hitting the road for a few days I will take the Tracer every time, mainly due to the more comfortable riding position. Also worth noting is that the Tracer feels lighter and more "flickable". But in spite of this the Ninja still inspires more confidence at high corner speeds. The light steering and more upright ergos of the Tracer make it less fatiguing on long journeys. The Tracer makes me want to get lost in the mountains, the Ninja makes me want to do road crime.

If I had no bike and was considering the 2020 Ninja vs the Tracer GT, I would probably go for the Ninja. But since I wanted more upright ergos and already have a 2013 Ninja 1000 in the garage I bought the Tracer. After a couple test rides on the Tracer the Yamaha triple engine was a big part of what sold me on the bike, along with the comfort.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I too have struggled with the seat, and am sending mine off to Mean City next month for some modifications. Hoping it helps, as after 100 miles I'm in rather sore condition now. I purchased a used Corbin seat, and it raised me some. However, it didn't help me at all in the comfort.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm jonesing for an Adventure bike. I also like to go ride into the sunset but the ability to take roads I wouldn't attempt on my N1k is very nice to have. I have a DR650 (not great on the highway and not fast), and I've been able to find places and roads most everyone else bypasses because it's too rough, bumpy, gravely, or just plain dirt.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts