Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just got my N1K last Saturday. Bought it from a bike collector with less than 900 miles on it that comes with full list of accessories. I am going to sell those here in the near future since I don't need stuffs like a extra tall windshield, tank bags, cruise control, Sargent seat...etc.

My first bike was a 2003 Honda CBR600RR. Got married, stopped riding and then back on it on a cruiser... got into a crash when commuting but lucky enough to keep the bike after fixing it up. I am just not a curiser guy and dreamt to get back on something with a clip-on handle bar for years. Luckily, my wife softened up and "approved" the N1K for some reasons (which are still a mystery to me).

To be honest iwth you, I have could have bought another bike maker with a big discount as an employee but the N1K's package is just hard to pass on. I was about to determine to get a CBR 650F due to price but my N1K came on Craigslist with an amazing deal that I could not ignore and I am excited and glad that I made a wise decision to choose the N1K. Rode it right away on Mulholand HWY the next day, got to admit that I might have just used only 40% of its potential that I never passed 5,000 rpm. The power is just always there at any range even in 6th gear. Man, I am sure that's something I won't get from a 650F or even the Interceptor.

Engine is buzzier than I expected but compared to the the V-twin that I used to ride, it is relatively smooth like silk. LOL The stock exhaust is just AWESOME! I don't know how the Pre-2014 model sounds like but they said they have revised the intake portion and it is LOUD. The howl and growl is very noticeable and nice. I don't think I would ever change that because I think it looks quite nice too, think of it, how many bike with triangular stock pipe?!

I broke my bank on gears alone and I ordered HIDs, wheel stripes and even a full set of 3M clear bra kit for paint/headlights protection for the bike.

I am just so excited to dress my baby up!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Another proud father...
Glad to hear your joy and contentment.
My 2011 stock exhaust sounded like a sewing machine so maybe yours is a little more aggressive. I never minded the look of it, just the anemic sound.

I just put faux carbon fiber rim tape on mine. I wish it was reflective too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May be I am not so picky on the sound as long as it's a 4-cylinder.... but seriously, I think it is loud enough for leisure ride. If it would have been commuting, I might want to put on something more aggressive but since it comes with the OEM side bags, the only choice for me in the future would be the V&H.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Hey Shiro welcome aboard from another So Cal owner. Time to take that baby on Palms to Pines Highway!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome aboard mate ! You will enjoy !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Shiro welcome aboard from another So Cal owner. Time to take that baby on Palms to Pines Highway!
I live in the valley and have very lmited time window to ride, so I usually do Mulholand, Big/ Little Tujunga or Angeles Crest HWY from 6-10am on weekends.

·
Registered
971 Posts
What part of the Valley? My family and I were in LA a few weeks ago. If I could wave a magic wand (and do it in a masculine way), we'd be living there.

We heart LA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
San Fernando Valley, Northridge/ Chartsworth area...

I guess traffic here is a cake compared to NYC. LOL

What part of the Valley? My family and I were in LA a few weeks ago. If I could wave a magic wand (and do it in a masculine way), we'd be living there.

We heart LA.

·
Registered
971 Posts
From what I read and noticed, above van nuys and north hollywood, the area east of the 405 is tricky. Northridge, granada hills and west of 405 is much better.

I let talk of earthquakes, traffic, smog and flaky people keep me from visiting ca until last year. I wish I hadn't waited so long. If I had gone in my 20s or 30s, I'd still be living there.

So the earth moves once in awhile, fl has hurricanes, hawaii has active volcanoes. I even heard the garden of eden had snakes.

LA is no worse than ny traffic. If you come from podunck iowa, it would seem terrible but from my perspective, it's quite manageable. Gas is outrageous, I'd either ride to work or get a hybrid or diesel, but there are no tolls or bridges so I would gladly trade the commuting experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts